Solved

What PSU should I get?

This are my components:

CPU: Intel i7 4770K
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760
CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 612
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB (x2)
MB: Asus B85M-E (s1150)
RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8) DDR3 1600Mhz
Case: Sentey Arvina
Mouse: Sentey Nebulus
Keyboard: Sentey Phoenix

My questions are:

How much power do I need in a PSU with those components (750w-800w...?)? and, What PSU do you recommend?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about psu
  1. Best answer
    Nah, recommended for that particular card is a 500W, so 550 - 650 would put ya in that sweet spot. Antec, XFX, Seasonic, PCP & C, Evga, etc.

    http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

    https://community.newegg.com/eggxpert/computer_hardware/f/135081/t/45344.aspx?Redirected=true
  2. XenZone489 said:
    This are my components:

    CPU: Intel i7 4770K
    GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760
    CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 612
    HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB (x2)
    MB: Asus B85M-E (s1150)
    RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8) DDR3 1600Mhz
    Case: Sentey Arvina
    Mouse: Sentey Nebulus
    Keyboard: Sentey Phoenix

    My questions are:

    How much power do I need in a PSU with those components (750w-800w...?)? and, What PSU do you recommend?


    Hi - joss is right, you need only a good quality 550w unit for that rig. A more powerful unit will do
    no harm ecxept to your wallet upfront in higher initial cost.

    Keep in mind you need to select one that is Haswell ready. Right now they are running a little
    high price-wise. But, I expect over the next 2 weekends there will be specials.

    Would be easier recommending a PSU for you if I knew your budget $.
  3. Leonell12 said:


    Check your links - your budget option is over $100, hardly what I would call budget for a 650w unit.

    Likewise your mid range is also over $100.


    No need for OP to spend that kind of $$ for PSU to run a sys with a 760 if he waits for
    the specials.
  4. toyftw said:
    Leonell12 said:


    Check your links - your budget option is over $100, hardly what I would call budget for a 650w unit.

    Likewise your mid range is also over $100.


    No need for OP to spend that kind of $$ for PSU to run a sys with a 760 if he waits for
    the specials.


    the budget and mid-range are over $100? , no they're not, I appreciate you tying to correct my mistake but the budget is on promo right now and the mid-range has its original price...for the budget, this one is not on promo with its original price, its just not modular or semi-modular http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9
    Haswell has been out for quite a while now with rumors of broadwell coming out in Q1 2015, btw how do you know when the specials will be?
  5. Leonell12 said:
    toyftw said:
    Leonell12 said:


    Check your links - your budget option is over $100, hardly what I would call budget for a 650w unit.

    Likewise your mid range is also over $100.


    No need for OP to spend that kind of $$ for PSU to run a sys with a 760 if he waits for
    the specials.


    the budget and mid-range are over $100? , no they're not, I appreciate you tying to correct my mistake but the budget is on promo right now and the mid-range has its original price...for the budget, this one is not on promo with its original price, its just not modular or semi-modular http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9
    Haswell has been out for quite a while now with rumors of broadwell coming out in Q1 2015, btw how do you know when the specials will be?


    I know that, but most OP's asking for advice are going to click on the original link you provided, which showed
    the XFX 650 $ 109, not $70, I see you have corrected the links which is good.
  6. toyftw said:
    XenZone489 said:
    This are my components:

    CPU: Intel i7 4770K
    GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760
    CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 612
    HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB (x2)
    MB: Asus B85M-E (s1150)
    RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8) DDR3 1600Mhz
    Case: Sentey Arvina
    Mouse: Sentey Nebulus
    Keyboard: Sentey Phoenix

    My questions are:

    How much power do I need in a PSU with those components (750w-800w...?)? and, What PSU do you recommend?


    Hi - joss is right, you need only a good quality 550w unit for that rig. A more powerful unit will do
    no harm ecxept to your wallet upfront in higher initial cost.

    Keep in mind you need to select one that is Haswell ready. Right now they are running a little
    high price-wise. But, I expect over the next 2 weekends there will be specials.

    Would be easier recommending a PSU for you if I knew your budget $.



    I don't have a specific budget. I could buy any but just wanted to make sure what's best for my build
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components PC gaming