Solved

How many FPS will I get with 2X Sapphire R7 240 1GB DDR5 ?

Hi guys. Hope the pro will come here to help me.
This is my PC Specs
CPU - AMD ATHLON X2 6000+ 3Ghz
GPU - Sapphire R7 240 1GB DDR5
RAM - 2X 2GB DDR2 RAM 667
PSU - 550W
MOBO - Abit AX78

I'm willing to buy a new Sapphire R7240 1GB DDR5 for crossfireX . But my mobo has X16 and X4 Slot. Can I get 30FPS on battlefield with ULTRA SETTING ? Without CrossfireX , I've got 20 -23 FPS on ULTRA Setting.. But what about after crossfirex ? will I get 30FPS ?
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about fps sapphire 240 1gb ddr5
  1. 30fps puts you at a disadvantage versus other players....
  2. Avocade said:
    30fps puts you at a disadvantage versus other players....


    What do you mean ? 'puts me at a disadvantage versus other player' ?
  3. 30 fps is playable but you don't want 30fps to be your target. People playing against a player who is running at 60+plus means you have a slower response time.
  4. Is that card actually crossfiring?
    Id rather sugest seling the curent r7 240
    And buy a real card (r9 270 which you can find at 150$)
    Why:
    -if those 2 card can x-fire ( which i doubt ) they will be higly demanding
    -performance wise r9 270 simply is way over 2 such cards at every point (bandwidth , texture( way over texture rate over 300%))
    As for ultra at what resolution you expect this ?640-480?
    You cpu is old your still on ddr2 and you want ultra on a game from 2014 with a PC that performed med even when it was realeased?
    Sorry to disapoint but you need a computer from scratch if you want "ULTRA" and some budget. I can help you if you say a budget.
  5. deathcall666 said:
    Is that card actually crossfiring?
    Id rather sugest seling the curent r7 240
    And buy a real card (r9 270 which you can find at 150$)
    Why:
    -if those 2 card can x-fire ( which i doubt ) they will be higly demanding
    -performance wise r9 270 simply is way over 2 such cards at every point (bandwidth , texture( way over texture rate over 300%))
    As for ultra at what resolution you expect this ?640-480?
    You cpu is old your still on ddr2 and you want ultra on a game from 2014 with a PC that performed med even when it was realeased?
    Sorry to disapoint but you need a computer from scratch if you want "ULTRA" and some budget. I can help you if you say a budget.


    Thnx for the info mate !
    I've upgrade my Spec (the ram and motherboard like u said) :
    MOBO - MSI 970AG43
    CPU - Suggest me a processor that support my mobo ^_^
    GPU - Sapphire R7 240 1GB DDR5
    RAM - 2GB DDR3 1333
    PSU - EX2 475

    AMD said from their official AMD website and at the box that this GPU is Support CrossfireX :)

    My Budget is about MYR500 Only :( (I don't know how to convert it to US money)
  6. MYR 500 is about $150 USD at the moment.

    Adding another R7 240 will probably get you 30+ FPS, however I'd get a R7 265 or R7 270 with your budget.
  7. Fx 6300 is about 120$ on newegg and its best
    If you however fin a fx 8320 ar 130-140$ its a deal.
    Any price higher its a waste
    For the card the r9 270 is 150$
    The r9 270x is at 170$
    The 270x just has higher freqeuncies and one more pci-E conector meaning its better for OC.
  8. deathcall666 said:
    Fx 6300 is about 120$ on newegg and its best
    If you however fin a fx 8320 ar 130-140$ its a deal.
    Any price higher its a waste
    For the card the r9 270 is 150$
    The r9 270x is at 170$
    The 270x just has higher freqeuncies and one more pci-E conector meaning its better for OC.


    Can fx 8350 fit in my mobo ? My friend sell it for me for only 150$ .. If it's fit in my mobo ,, I think I'll get that .. and wait until next month to get my sallary (about $250) . Then I'll by 2X R9 270 .. and wait for the next month again to upgrade my PSU and RAM ..How is it ?
  9. Best answer
    Fx 8350 is the spearhead of AMD (if you dont count the 9370 and 9590 which are the same procesor) . Yes that mobo supports it but dont try to OC It.
    As for RAM and PSU i suggest upgrade them before the GPU. Just to be safe. A good 600w psu and a 8gb ddr 1600+ in dual chanell will cost 125-140$ on newegg.
  10. deathcall666 said:
    Fx 8350 is the spearhead of AMD (if you dont count the 9370 and 9590 which are the same procesor) . Yes that mobo supports it but dont try to OC It.
    As for RAM and PSU i suggest upgrade them before the GPU. Just to be safe. A good 600w psu and a 8gb ddr 1600+ in dual chanell will cost 125-140$ on newegg.


    Thanx ! You've save my life .. thnx for the recommendation ^_^ Now I can live happily with my computer because of u .
  11. I hope soo.
Ask a new question

Read More

r7 FPS sapphire r7 1gb ddr5 sapphire r7 240 Sapphire GPUs sapphire r7 240 1gb ddr5 CPUs