Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Budget triple monitor gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 17, 2014 6:14:40 PM

Hello! I'm new here! My name is Steven! Nice to meet you all! :D 
So, based on the template...

Approximate Purchase Date: between the end of this month and october 2014
Budget Range: $800-$1000
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, video encoding, Music editing
Are you buying a monitor: No
Parts to Upgrade: Full build,
Do you need to buy OS: No
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Whichever
Location: Heredia, Costa Rica (yeah, this is the hard part, but dont mind it)
Parts Preferences: AMD FX 8350, but if there´s something better and afordable let me know ;)  dont care about the Case any will do
Overclocking: Maybe
SLI or Crossfire: If needed
Your Monitor Resolution: I just want to run games at 1080p

Additional Comments: This is my first time building a PC and I kinda of big n00b on the matter, so I need a lot of help D: I want to play with triple monitors, 1080p and +60FPS and that´s it, if possible in high graphics (I doesn´t have to be ultra) the big problem is the parts price here in my country, so when I placed the 800$ there I mean about 1500$ here... in other words, that 1000$ is really a top budget, And by no way I can go over that :( 
In game matters I play mostly MMORPGs, so FFXIV A Realm Reborn and Guild Wars may be priorities, but I want to be able to run the most recent games (watchdogs, BF4, etc)

So any help would be very welcomed!
hope I'm not asking too much :??: 
July 17, 2014 6:30:23 PM

Trying to run 3 1080p monitors 60+ fps on a $1000 rig will not work sorry to say. At least i do not see a way to make it work, even on low/medium settings. Maybe you could low but who wants to play on low. I have 2 recommendations one is far more realistic than the other haha. You could either save up a bit longer until you have like $3000 to spend on a pc and then you could probably run the 3 monitors or you could just use 1 monitor for gaming and not the other 2. If you only use one monitor you could build a okay gaming system for around $800-$1000. If you need help with the selection of the parts i can gladly help! Sorry for raining on the parade with the 3 monitors.
m
0
l
July 20, 2014 1:20:23 PM

chasehornby55 said:
Trying to run 3 1080p monitors 60+ fps on a $1000 rig will not work sorry to say. At least i do not see a way to make it work, even on low/medium settings. Maybe you could low but who wants to play on low. I have 2 recommendations one is far more realistic than the other haha. You could either save up a bit longer until you have like $3000 to spend on a pc and then you could probably run the 3 monitors or you could just use 1 monitor for gaming and not the other 2. If you only use one monitor you could build a okay gaming system for around $800-$1000. If you need help with the selection of the parts i can gladly help! Sorry for raining on the parade with the 3 monitors.


yeah, I kinda knew that :( 
Even though, Just as a question, using a crossfire build with two R9 280x would allow me to run 3 screens on high settings? (seting price aside) or that wouldn't be able to handle new games either? :( 
m
0
l
Related resources
July 20, 2014 5:23:05 PM

It really depends on the game. In my opinion (although i have not tested :p ) i think you should be able to run most 2013 games and earlier on high giving you cpu is not a bottle neck. for new games coming out this year like GTA and Star Citizen there is no chance in my opinion.
m
0
l
July 20, 2014 9:19:32 PM

chasehornby55 said:
It really depends on the game. In my opinion (although i have not tested :p ) i think you should be able to run most 2013 games and earlier on high giving you cpu is not a bottle neck. for new games coming out this year like GTA and Star Citizen there is no chance in my opinion.


Thanks! So one more thing, and I´ll pick you as the answer, Can you give me a build to play the newest games in high +60FPS with one monitor that will let me change to three in the future without having to build it from scratch (maybe adding a couple of very good GPUs and a high power PSU and things like that without having to build a whole new computer :(  ), like I really want to go with PC (over consoles) but my main reason is the 3 screens possibility, so, I want something that will let me play now, and in the future with some extra money will help me get those 3 screens, so, maybe a motherboard able to handle crossfire with PCIe 3.0 and a very good CPU and like that.... If possible, if not I totally understand
And thanks again! It really means a lot to me the fact that you're taking from your time to help me :) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 20, 2014 9:42:23 PM

I know that this thread is probably close to closing, but if I may add in that the 6 GB GTX 780 may be a valid option for 2-3 monitor med-high 30fps gaming for many games. It is pretty expensive considering the budget, ending up close to $600 I think. But that would predominately work well for GPU focused games, while CPU intensive games would require something along a quad core i7 for 3 screen gaming at decent fps and settings. You could probably get around that by buying either a 4 core i5 with a decent clock rate that can overclocked, or a 8 core AMD CPU for the build to help not bottleneck the GPU for that amount of monitors, and to push the CPU intensive games better.

If possible you could go with a APU setup for now with the intention of purchasing a GPU down the road. And then use the GPU for pushing games to 2 monitors and the APU to push games to one monitor...or a setup similar to that.

If not, I would recommend a system similar to this.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xYvhFT
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xYvhFT/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($179.98 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Blu Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($71.88 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($579.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Rosewill Line Glow ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1061.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

It does not have an APU, instead it has a pretty powerful CPU and GPU combination. It is a bit over, by $60, but can push 2-3 monitors at med-high settings depending on the games.

And it can push a single monitor maxing out games good.
m
0
l

Best solution

July 21, 2014 12:22:33 PM

No problem, i love these forums :) . a build i would recommend for high gaming 60 plus fps on one monitor would be as followed. (ps sorry all prices are Canadian ill do a total cost in USD at the end)

Case: Bitfenix Outlaw Case-$65
HDD: Seagate 1tb sata 3 w/64mb cache-$90
SSD (optional): samsung 840 Pro 128gb-$170
MOBO: Asus Z87-PLUS-$180
CPU: Intel i5-4690k-$270
CPU (optional): Intel i7-4790k-$390
Wireless Adapter (optional): Asus PCE-N15-$30
GPU: MSI R9 270x GAMING-$244
PSU: Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W-$120
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 1866MHz (2x4gb)-$99
Optical Drive (optional): Asus 24x DVD-RW-$20


i5 without optional things-$1068 CAD (995.51 USD)
i5 with optional things-$1288 CAD (1200.57 USD)
i7 without optional things-$1180 (1099.90 USD)
i7 with optional things-$1408 CAD (1312.43 USD)

I figured i would include an i7 as i did not know what else you do on the computer. If you do video or audio editing i would recommend the i7 if not or very little i would go with the i5. Sorry it is a little over your budget, if you want to lower the cost you could go with a R9 270 not a 270x. you could use your old case, get a cheaper power supply and motherboard. You could also get cheaper ram or use your old ram. Just little things like that would lower the cost. I chose those parts though as i felt they were the cheapest parts to get without risking errors and damage that come from using cheaper parts such as power supply failure.

Please Note: I got all my parts from a store named memory express. I used them because i know their prices are on par with us dealers like new egg and NCIX.
Share
July 23, 2014 9:29:16 PM

chasehornby55 said:
No problem, i love these forums :) . a build i would recommend for high gaming 60 plus fps on one monitor would be as followed. (ps sorry all prices are Canadian ill do a total cost in USD at the end)

Case: Bitfenix Outlaw Case-$65
HDD: Seagate 1tb sata 3 w/64mb cache-$90
SSD (optional): samsung 840 Pro 128gb-$170
MOBO: Asus Z87-PLUS-$180
CPU: Intel i5-4690k-$270
CPU (optional): Intel i7-4790k-$390
Wireless Adapter (optional): Asus PCE-N15-$30
GPU: MSI R9 270x GAMING-$244
PSU: Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W-$120
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 1866MHz (2x4gb)-$99
Optical Drive (optional): Asus 24x DVD-RW-$20


i5 without optional things-$1068 CAD (995.51 USD)
i5 with optional things-$1288 CAD (1200.57 USD)
i7 without optional things-$1180 (1099.90 USD)
i7 with optional things-$1408 CAD (1312.43 USD)

I figured i would include an i7 as i did not know what else you do on the computer. If you do video or audio editing i would recommend the i7 if not or very little i would go with the i5. Sorry it is a little over your budget, if you want to lower the cost you could go with a R9 270 not a 270x. you could use your old case, get a cheaper power supply and motherboard. You could also get cheaper ram or use your old ram. Just little things like that would lower the cost. I chose those parts though as i felt they were the cheapest parts to get without risking errors and damage that come from using cheaper parts such as power supply failure.

Please Note: I got all my parts from a store named memory express. I used them because i know their prices are on par with us dealers like new egg and NCIX.


Thanks! :D  I picked you as the solution as promised! :) 

And Luckly I found almost all of those parts here, so I´ll probably start building my computer soon! :D 
Btw, what do you think about the I7 4770? I found a bundle that comes with the Z87-plus and that processor and I dont know if that´s a good buy or if it´s better to buy a I5 and later when needed upgrade to a much more powerful cpu
O.o
m
0
l
July 23, 2014 9:31:22 PM

NBSN said:
I know that this thread is probably close to closing, but if I may add in that the 6 GB GTX 780 may be a valid option for 2-3 monitor med-high 30fps gaming for many games. It is pretty expensive considering the budget, ending up close to $600 I think. But that would predominately work well for GPU focused games, while CPU intensive games would require something along a quad core i7 for 3 screen gaming at decent fps and settings. You could probably get around that by buying either a 4 core i5 with a decent clock rate that can overclocked, or a 8 core AMD CPU for the build to help not bottleneck the GPU for that amount of monitors, and to push the CPU intensive games better.

If possible you could go with a APU setup for now with the intention of purchasing a GPU down the road. And then use the GPU for pushing games to 2 monitors and the APU to push games to one monitor...or a setup similar to that.

If not, I would recommend a system similar to this.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xYvhFT
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xYvhFT/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($179.98 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Blu Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($71.88 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($579.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Rosewill Line Glow ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1061.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

It does not have an APU, instead it has a pretty powerful CPU and GPU combination. It is a bit over, by $60, but can push 2-3 monitors at med-high settings depending on the games.

And it can push a single monitor maxing out games good.


Thanks! I will be checking this out to see if it´s a possibility, and with AMD (which I really like xD) thanks a lot! I´ll check if I can find those parts around here ;) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 23, 2014 9:35:23 PM

StevenBezarius said:
NBSN said:
I know that this thread is probably close to closing, but if I may add in that the 6 GB GTX 780 may be a valid option for 2-3 monitor med-high 30fps gaming for many games. It is pretty expensive considering the budget, ending up close to $600 I think. But that would predominately work well for GPU focused games, while CPU intensive games would require something along a quad core i7 for 3 screen gaming at decent fps and settings. You could probably get around that by buying either a 4 core i5 with a decent clock rate that can overclocked, or a 8 core AMD CPU for the build to help not bottleneck the GPU for that amount of monitors, and to push the CPU intensive games better.

If possible you could go with a APU setup for now with the intention of purchasing a GPU down the road. And then use the GPU for pushing games to 2 monitors and the APU to push games to one monitor...or a setup similar to that.

If not, I would recommend a system similar to this.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xYvhFT
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xYvhFT/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($179.98 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Blu Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($71.88 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($579.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Rosewill Line Glow ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1061.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

It does not have an APU, instead it has a pretty powerful CPU and GPU combination. It is a bit over, by $60, but can push 2-3 monitors at med-high settings depending on the games.

And it can push a single monitor maxing out games good.


Thanks! I will be checking this out to see if it´s a possibility, and with AMD (which I really like xD) thanks a lot! I´ll check if I can find those parts around here ;) 



One thing though, I noticed that I had picked a motherboard that offered crossfire but not SLI. So, if you plan on going with a single NVidia GPU or a single or dual AMD GPUs you would be good with it. Definitely worth considering though.
m
0
l
July 24, 2014 7:37:59 PM

NBSN said:
StevenBezarius said:
NBSN said:
I know that this thread is probably close to closing, but if I may add in that the 6 GB GTX 780 may be a valid option for 2-3 monitor med-high 30fps gaming for many games. It is pretty expensive considering the budget, ending up close to $600 I think. But that would predominately work well for GPU focused games, while CPU intensive games would require something along a quad core i7 for 3 screen gaming at decent fps and settings. You could probably get around that by buying either a 4 core i5 with a decent clock rate that can overclocked, or a 8 core AMD CPU for the build to help not bottleneck the GPU for that amount of monitors, and to push the CPU intensive games better.

If possible you could go with a APU setup for now with the intention of purchasing a GPU down the road. And then use the GPU for pushing games to 2 monitors and the APU to push games to one monitor...or a setup similar to that.

If not, I would recommend a system similar to this.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xYvhFT
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xYvhFT/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($179.98 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Blu Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($71.88 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($579.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Rosewill Line Glow ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1061.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

It does not have an APU, instead it has a pretty powerful CPU and GPU combination. It is a bit over, by $60, but can push 2-3 monitors at med-high settings depending on the games.

And it can push a single monitor maxing out games good.


Thanks! I will be checking this out to see if it´s a possibility, and with AMD (which I really like xD) thanks a lot! I´ll check if I can find those parts around here ;) 



One thing though, I noticed that I had picked a motherboard that offered crossfire but not SLI. So, if you plan on going with a single NVidia GPU or a single or dual AMD GPUs you would be good with it. Definitely worth considering though.


What about a crossfire with 2 R9 270x? O.o
do you think that would be enough?

because I found this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwAdhl_eKDk
it seems to run fine :D 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 24, 2014 8:42:54 PM

If you decide to go with dual AMD GPUs, remember that they the system will run hotter overall and you need to make sure you have appropriate power supply for doing that. Also, I am sure that two AMD or NVidia GPUs that are decent can run multiple monitors. And like in that video, it is possible to have a system with only one GPU run across three monitors. But it depends on all of the system specs...such as having enough CPU and RAM for the games that need those.

You have to also take into consideration that it would definitely be best to aim for a GPU that offers 3 GB instead of 2 GB for better "future-proofing." But 2 GB will be fine for quite a while, especially depending on the game and resolution. As long as you don't plan on going past 1080p, then most games you will be good. And some games do not properly use 2, 3, or 4 way crossfire or SLI, so you may end up being stuck using just one GPU for those games. Anyway, as you see in the video you linked, that user has it working with one GPU across multiple screens. But I would take that with a grain of salt because they did not show an up close screenshot of their actual system specs and did not show the settings they were using and a framerate measuring program. So technically they can claim whatever they want...just my two cents.
m
0
l
July 24, 2014 9:27:35 PM

NBSN said:
If you decide to go with dual AMD GPUs, remember that they the system will run hotter overall and you need to make sure you have appropriate power supply for doing that. Also, I am sure that two AMD or NVidia GPUs that are decent can run multiple monitors. And like in that video, it is possible to have a system with only one GPU run across three monitors. But it depends on all of the system specs...such as having enough CPU and RAM for the games that need those.

You have to also take into consideration that it would definitely be best to aim for a GPU that offers 3 GB instead of 2 GB for better "future-proofing." But 2 GB will be fine for quite a while, especially depending on the game and resolution. As long as you don't plan on going past 1080p, then most games you will be good. And some games do not properly use 2, 3, or 4 way crossfire or SLI, so you may end up being stuck using just one GPU for those games. Anyway, as you see in the video you linked, that user has it working with one GPU across multiple screens. But I would take that with a grain of salt because they did not show an up close screenshot of their actual system specs and did not show the settings they were using and a framerate measuring program. So technically they can claim whatever they want...just my two cents.


Yeah, maybe I´m just trying to believe it´s possible :(  even though, the whole channel is full of videos about that GPU and there´s a version with 4GB (Which happens to be the one selled here) So I though that would do, and maybe after some time (to save money) buy a new PSU and another 270x (or who knows if there will be a better deal in the future :)  ) and enjoy playing with higher FPS?

To tell you the truth, all this is just because I want to play ASAP :na:  I was checking and the GTX 780 is a lot more powerfull than even dual 270x, but, its like 1100$ here (the 3GB version, not even 6GB), and the card alone :/  which is just too much, I can deal with 450$ each 270x (one at a time) but 1100$ goes beyond me... So I'm kinda trying to find a way to play, I started living by my self like 2 months ago and I´m very far from all my friends and family, so I really need something to play and enjoy :sarcastic: 

So, what do you think? would it work? I was thinking in maybe spending a little more to get a Thermaltake Level 10 GT so the heat wouldn´t be so much of an issue later on?

And thanks for your help! You wouldn´t know how much I need it! :D 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 24, 2014 10:12:56 PM

You have to do whatever you have to do in your budget, so if it means getting a less powerful card just to get where you want to go, then do it. And yeah, you could always upgrade later on. That case definitely provides a lot of room and cooling options, but you can get other full tower cases that offer good cooling for a lower price. It all depends on what features you are happy with. It is definitely an interesting case and worth considering if it is in your budget. I personally went with a Thor V2 case for my build because it offered everything I wanted at the time but am seriously considering a case more like the Corsair 900D later on.
m
0
l
July 24, 2014 10:22:49 PM

NBSN said:
You have to do whatever you have to do in your budget, so if it means getting a less powerful card just to get where you want to go, then do it. And yeah, you could always upgrade later on. That case definitely provides a lot of room and cooling options, but you can get other full tower cases that offer good cooling for a lower price. It all depends on what features you are happy with. It is definitely an interesting case and worth considering if it is in your budget. I personally went with a Thor V2 case for my build because it offered everything I wanted at the time but am seriously considering a case more like the Corsair 900D later on.


Wow! I just took a look at how much would that case cost here, and 500$ seems like a lot more than I can handle :/ 
what do you think about the Thermaltake Overseer RX-I?

I checked to see if any of the ones you said was available but found none here :( 

I dont know if Im asking too much but, here http://www.compuavatar.com/index.php?route=product/cate... that´s the cheapest store here in Costa Rica, those are the available cases here, which one do you think would fit, having in mind it will need room for two 270x ( the price in dollars would be the number there divided by 550) hope I´m not bothering too much D:

Once Again, Thanks!
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 24, 2014 10:41:00 PM

I got an error trying to search them them for some reason. But if you can find a full tower case for your budget then you should be okay. And to be on the safe side, check how many fans are pre-installed or can be installed to double ensure you can get good cooling. Having a full tower case will automatically give you the most room for most if not all GPUs, while providing enough cooling through the larger area inside it and typically more cooling from the extra fans a larger case allows.

Also, you may want to consider Amazon.com either by following this advice from some people to get your items shipped through 3rd party http://www.amazon.com/forum/amazon%20currency%20convert...
or by contacting Amazon because they claim to ship to Costa Rica at this link
http://www.amazon.com/International-Shipping-Direct/b?n...

So if you can get more components from Amazon you might be able to save a lot of money, even after paying any additional fees for shipping or import.
m
0
l
July 25, 2014 8:22:24 PM

Thanks for the best answer, sorry its a bit late but the 4770 is a good cpu, the 4790 is just an upgraded version of it. Intel released the 4790 like half a year after the 4770. Both are great though.
m
0
l
!