Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

CMOS Battery Dies So Quickly

Last response: in CPUs
Share
July 18, 2014 6:04:45 PM

Hi. I have Dell Optiplex 755 CPU Desktop but I'm facing a big problem with it because it's CMOS battery gets expired so quickly within a month. Without a battery a computer can't operates like it should. So please help me how this problem can be solved.

Best solution

July 18, 2014 6:40:38 PM

UsmanMalik0347 said:
Hi. I have Dell Optiplex 755 CPU Desktop but I'm facing a big problem with it because it's CMOS battery gets expired so quickly within a month. Without a battery a computer can't operates like it should. So please help me how this problem can be solved.


You can replace the battery with a new one, it's just a standard 3 volt button battery. If new batteries are draining quickly then there is a fault on the motherboard itself.
Share
July 18, 2014 7:17:31 PM

I have changed it and it's third battery which I replaced. I'm getting so much worried about it.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 26, 2014 9:17:00 AM

I think their is earthing (ground current) problem of your pc.
Check earthing is proper.
Mobo screw connect with cabinet.
Change battery different store and some other brand.
m
0
l
July 27, 2014 6:05:06 PM

How motherboard is creating problem with CMOS and how to solve it?
m
0
l
July 27, 2014 6:38:34 PM

UsmanMalik0347 said:
How motherboard is creating problem with CMOS and how to solve it?


Possibly an errant conductive path. Clean the board thoroughly
m
0
l
July 31, 2014 3:00:24 AM

I'm totally frustrated with CMOS battery problem. I did not found any proper solution. Is their any perfect and proper solution for CMOS battery problem?
m
0
l
August 1, 2014 5:54:59 PM

I bought a new CMOS battery about 3 days ago and on the same day after installing it may PC started showing me low battery voltage sign. It was too horrible for me. That I just bought a new battery and on the same day I just got expired! But yesterday I updated the BIOS of my PC and now the low battery sign is not there now. I am so happy :D  and hope that it lasts for at least 1 year or more.
m
0
l
August 1, 2014 6:51:50 PM

UsmanMalik0347 said:
I bought a new CMOS battery about 3 days ago and on the same day after installing it may PC started showing me low battery voltage sign. It was too horrible for me. That I just bought a new battery and on the same day I just got expired! But yesterday I updated the BIOS of my PC and now the low battery sign is not there now. I am so happy :D  and hope that it lasts for at least 1 year or more.


hmm... I wonder if it was just a bug all along
m
0
l
!