Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO enough?

Tags:
  • Overclocking
  • Cooler Master
  • Cooling
  • Evo
Last response: in Components
July 19, 2014 6:36:57 AM

Hey all, im wondering is this Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO has enough cooling potential for me to overclock the i5-4690k to 4.0ghz-4.2ghz stably?:ange: 

My list of parts im going to buy below
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vkbcGX

Thanks in advance
~ElJay:D 

More about : cooler master hyper 212 evo

a b K Overclocking
July 19, 2014 6:48:16 AM

easily, my 3570 is at 4.3 on a worse air cooler, so i would say 4.4 to 4.5
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 253 K Overclocking
July 19, 2014 6:49:57 AM

Yes as a budget cooler it is good for mild overclocks.
Share
Related resources
July 19, 2014 6:50:26 AM

13thmonkey said:
easily, my 3570 is at 4.3 on a worse air cooler, so i would say 4.4 to 4.5


Oh nice ok thanks for my quick answer :D 
m
0
l
July 19, 2014 6:50:45 AM

rolli59 said:
Yes as a budget cooler it is good for mild overclocks.


Thanks for the reply
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
July 19, 2014 6:56:22 AM

rolli59 said:
Yes as a budget cooler it is good for mild overclocks.


it's nice that we are in a position that going from 3.4 to 4.4 is considered a mild OC :)  back in the day an extra GHz would need a lot of fiddling to make work.
m
0
l
July 19, 2014 7:03:41 AM

It's the best CPU cooler out there for the price range, and will allow you to get a pretty good overclock. Nothing crazy, but still good. It's also very quiet, just make sure it fits in your case as it's very big and Partpicker won't always be right.
m
0
l
July 19, 2014 9:51:00 PM

moozilbee said:
It's the best CPU cooler out there for the price range, and will allow you to get a pretty good overclock. Nothing crazy, but still good. It's also very quiet, just make sure it fits in your case as it's very big and Partpicker won't always be right.


I think it should fit in a corsair vengeance c70 case right?
m
0
l
July 20, 2014 4:28:55 AM

Check the measurements, I'm not entirely sure. You want it to have room to fit in, but also the motherboard will take up about 3cm-4cm or so of the case width, and you want at least a 1cm gap between the cooler and the end of the case.
m
0
l