Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

A next generation gaming built PC !!!

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Next Generation
  • Components
Last response: in Systems
Share
July 19, 2014 11:16:47 PM

Hi everyone, :) 
I am thinking about building my gaming PC in one year. I just want to plan for that and gain a bagful of knowledge about the components so that I am not mislead by anyone. I want to build an extreme - end gaming PC which I will run for about 10 years. I want to know which components I should buy and I don't care about the budget because I have a year for that to make up. If it will be good to build later then I can also wait.
I have searched about some components and I am up to this:

  1. Intel Core i7-4770K Processor
  2. Asus Maximus VII Formula (which is about to come)
  3. AMD Radeon R9 series GPU (don't know which to buy)
  4. CM Storm Stryker Full Tower Cabinet
  5. Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050 Watts PSU
  6. Corsair Vengeance DDR3 2x8 1600 MHz GB RAM
  7. APC BR1000G - IN1Kva UPS
  8. Asus Blu-ray BW-12B1ST Internal Optical Drive
  9. Corsair Force Series GS 128 GB SSD
  10. Steelseries Siberia Full Size Headset
  11. WD 2 TB Black Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD2002FAEX)
  12. Logitech Gaming Keyboard G105 USB 2.0 Keyboard
  13. Corsair Vengeance M65
  14. Monitor = ???
  15. Coolers = ???

  • This is what I am up to. I need some more juice. Can anyone help me sort this out.
    Please refer me if I should make any changes or whatever. Please and I also heard that Broadwell series processors are going to come. Tell me what should I do, should I wait ??? Any kind of other info... please mention.
  • More about : generation gaming built

    July 19, 2014 11:26:21 PM

    No computer in existence will last you 10 years unless you pay over $10000 or something for it. Better stuff comes out every 6 months. That said, the best GPU in existence is an R9 295x2 which costs US $1500 and would be good for at least 5-6 years. If you Crossfire it then *maybe* it might last 10 years at 1080p.
    m
    0
    l
    July 19, 2014 11:32:20 PM

    Icaraeus said:
    No computer in existence will last you 10 years unless you pay over $10000 or something for it. Better stuff comes out every 6 months. That said, the best GPU in existence is an R9 295x2 which costs US $1500 and would be good for at least 5-6 years. If you Crossfire it then *maybe* it might last 10 years at 1080p.


    Okay then make it last to a minimum 5 years or so and I want to crossfire it after using it for 1 or 2 years.
    m
    0
    l
    Related resources
    a b 4 Gaming
    July 19, 2014 11:39:40 PM

    Its a good build that will last you a couple years. If you don't know which GPU to buy and you don't care about budget I'd get a r9 290x or a r9 295x2 (this is $1,500, and if you can't afford it a 290x will do fine)
    m
    0
    l
    a b 4 Gaming
    July 19, 2014 11:41:19 PM

    if you're building it for next year... and you want top of the line mind blowing gaming, and money is no object. you can do better

    1) CPU: Haswell-E i7-5960X
    2) ~ wait for nvidia and amd's next gen cards to come out. both should be out in the fall. Both should put to shame any current card on the market. if you want a currently availible gpu... the r9-295x2 would probably be the best card availible right now

    3)there are much better cases then the storm stryker. I'd look long and hard at the silverstone fortress or raven series... they're both superior to anything coolermaster makes in the "high end" case market. Coolermaster makes a lot of great cases for $80 or less... they become clearly 2nd class over that price point to any number of companies... like bitfenix, silverstone, lianli, corsair, antec, fractal design... and the list goes on...

    4) if you go with that i7-5960X, you'll obviously need a different motherboard, and you'll be getting DDR4 ram.

    5) that UPS isn't big enough for either your original build or the one i'm sketching out for you now. you'll need a 1000W-1200W UPS at least for any serious gaming setup.

    6) i won't tell you not to get a bluray drive... i'll just say bluray doesn't really work right on computers yet... so you might be better off skipping that part for now. computers don't really need disk drives these days anyway. I've not used mine in YEARS

    7) a better SSD would be a Samsung 840/850 PRO or EVO

    8) I would get 3 1080p monitors... but that's me.
    m
    0
    l
    July 19, 2014 11:48:20 PM

    DroneDroneDrone said:
    Its a good build that will last you a couple years. If you don't know which GPU to buy and you don't care about budget I'd get a r9 290x or a r9 295x2 (this is $1,500, and if you can't afford it a 290x will do fine)


    Is there any need for the r9 295x2 or r9 290x will be good because i don't want to waste money. What are the differences between the two ???
    m
    0
    l
    a b 4 Gaming
    July 19, 2014 11:54:48 PM

    manuwarhussain said:
    DroneDroneDrone said:
    Its a good build that will last you a couple years. If you don't know which GPU to buy and you don't care about budget I'd get a r9 290x or a r9 295x2 (this is $1,500, and if you can't afford it a 290x will do fine)


    Is there any need for the r9 295x2 or r9 290x will be good because i don't want to waste money. What are the differences between the two ???


    If you're only playing at 1920 x 1080 resolutions then the 290x will do fine maxing out all games. However if you plan to go 4k the 295x2 will do a much better job at maxing games. So if you're only palying at 1920x1080 then go for the 290x
    m
    0
    l
    July 19, 2014 11:59:27 PM

    ingtar33 said:
    if you're building it for next year... and you want top of the line mind blowing gaming, and money is no object. you can do better

    1) CPU: Haswell-E i7-5960X
    2) ~ wait for nvidia and amd's next gen cards to come out. both should be out in the fall. Both should put to shame any current card on the market. if you want a currently availible gpu... the r9-295x2 would probably be the best card availible right now

    3)there are much better cases then the storm stryker. I'd look long and hard at the silverstone fortress or raven series... they're both superior to anything coolermaster makes in the "high end" case market. Coolermaster makes a lot of great cases for $80 or less... they become clearly 2nd class over that price point to any number of companies... like bitfenix, silverstone, lianli, corsair, antec, fractal design... and the list goes on...

    4) if you go with that i7-5960X, you'll obviously need a different motherboard, and you'll be getting DDR4 ram.

    5) that UPS isn't big enough for either your original build or the one i'm sketching out for you now. you'll need a 1000W-1200W UPS at least for any serious gaming setup.

    6) i won't tell you not to get a bluray drive... i'll just say bluray doesn't really work right on computers yet... so you might be better off skipping that part for now. computers don't really need disk drives these days anyway. I've not used mine in YEARS

    7) a better SSD would be a Samsung 840/850 PRO or EVO

    8) I would get 3 1080p monitors... but that's me.


    Okay then I will wait for the CPU to come and a new motherboard but does asus maximus VII Formula has any problem and I will definitely wait for new GPUs to come. Can you give some component list except the CPU, motherboard ... like which monitor should I buy and which Ups and it would be better if you give me links...
    m
    0
    l
    July 20, 2014 12:11:02 AM

    DroneDroneDrone said:
    manuwarhussain said:
    DroneDroneDrone said:
    Its a good build that will last you a couple years. If you don't know which GPU to buy and you don't care about budget I'd get a r9 290x or a r9 295x2 (this is $1,500, and if you can't afford it a 290x will do fine)


    Is there any need for the r9 295x2 or r9 290x will be good because i don't want to waste money. What are the differences between the two ???


    If you're only playing at 1920 x 1080 resolutions then the 290x will do fine maxing out all games. However if you plan to go 4k the 295x2 will do a much better job at maxing games. So if you're only palying at 1920x1080 then go for the 290x


    Okay and I want games at 4K and I think it would be better to wait for new GPUs to come ...
    m
    0
    l
    a b 4 Gaming
    July 20, 2014 12:13:15 AM

    Ok then 295x2 is at the top of the market and will probably remain there for some time. The new GPUs won't probably be aimed at competing with it
    m
    0
    l
    July 20, 2014 12:19:07 AM

    DroneDroneDrone said:
    Ok then 295x2 is at the top of the market and will probably remain there for some time. The new GPUs won't probably be aimed at competing with it


    Lets see and what about other components ???
    m
    0
    l
    a b 4 Gaming
    July 20, 2014 12:27:07 AM

    They'll probably come out with better CPUs but not GPUs, the 295x2 will remain at the top for some time.
    m
    0
    l
    July 20, 2014 12:32:30 AM

    DroneDroneDrone said:
    They'll probably come out with better CPUs but not GPUs, the 295x2 will remain at the top for some time.


    Okay if it's so then I choose AMD Radeon R9 295X2. And now tell me about others. Is my motherboard OK or I should change or wait for a new one to come.
    m
    0
    l
    a b 4 Gaming
    July 20, 2014 1:18:18 AM

    Gonna go to sleep will help you tomorrow
    m
    0
    l
    !