Tags:
  • Overclocking
  • Cooler Master
  • Stress Test
  • AMD
  • Evo
Last response: in Overclocking
July 20, 2014 9:45:23 AM

Opinions about the OC which i made today? Was running Prime95 about an hour, but gonna do 3-6 hours stress test later. Vcore volts was stock. " alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />

More about : 6300 hyper 212 evo

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 20, 2014 9:54:07 AM

Looking perfectly normal to me chap'. Very nice overclock.
You're about 10c away from the recommended thermal limit for FX chips, so that gives you a little bit more headroom depending on how far you can push the volts.

I must say I'm impressed you managed to get to that frequency on the stock volts.
Was that using the Small FFT test btw?
m
l
July 20, 2014 10:16:33 AM

Yes was using small FTT
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
July 20, 2014 4:58:03 PM

Actually, the recommended fail safe temperatures for FX-6300 is only about 63C core temp and 70C package temp. So you're really quite close. But since your computer won't reach anywhere near 100% in real life application I suspect you should be just fine.

But yes, I agree with Distello.
Nice OC indeed. That chip is a keeper.
a b K Overclocking
July 20, 2014 7:17:07 PM

Yep, 62C is generally the red line you dont want to cross with temps for a FX chip. You also seem to have a golden chip seeing as itll do 4.2 at only 1.3V.

Id suggest using OCCT for your stress testing instead. Prime95 works but seems to be a little weird lately with FX chips and even some of the new Devil's Canyon chips.

Id start inching up the multiplier one notch at a time until you fail either your stress tester or you hit 62C under load.

FX chips have a voltage wall they all seem to hit. Theyll cruise on up pretty good without having to touch the voltage and then smack into that wall and youll need a ton more juice just to increase 100 MHz.
m
l
July 20, 2014 9:47:33 PM

Ill try to get it going 4,5 ghz with stock volts. Should I also put fsb little up to achieve that or just pumping multiplier?.Ill try also the Occt instead of prime. I think temps around 50 is good for daily usage.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
July 21, 2014 5:01:14 AM

Playing with the fsb will give better core performance. You may have to adjust a few voltages when fiddling with the front side bus though.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
July 21, 2014 8:14:42 AM

There is no benefit to increasing FSB over multiplier. It'll put more stress on your motherboard and any worth it. It may tick a couple benchmark graphs up a little but it's nothing that you'll notice in real world use.

Don't be afraid to set the voltage a little higher too. As long as you're under the 62C during stress testing, it's fine. It's not so much voltage that's dangerous (to a point) as it is heat.
m
l