Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

best Intel Motherboard

Tags:
  • Intel
  • Motherboards
  • ASrock
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
July 21, 2014 9:14:41 AM

Hi everyone would just want opinions on which of these Intel motherboards has the best Price/Performance?
The CPU of my choice was a i5 4670k or would there be a better choice of CPU?
1. ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Intel Z97
2. ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer Intel Z97
3. ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII RANGER Intel Z97
4. MSI or Gigybyte Gaming Series

More about : intel motherboard

Best solution

a b å Intel
a c 171 V Motherboard
July 21, 2014 9:17:55 AM

The i5-4690K is better.

#3 is clearly the best in terms of performance.

But the best price/performance is the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3. The ASRock Extreme4 is a close second.
Share
July 21, 2014 9:24:12 AM

ksham said:
The i5-4690K is better.

#3 is clearly the best in terms of performance.

But the best price/performance is the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3. The ASRock Extreme4 is a close second.


Guess i will just have to go with the Ranger thank you buddy but is the i5 4690k worth the extra money when i could just OC the 4670k
m
0
l
Related resources
a b å Intel
a c 171 V Motherboard
July 21, 2014 9:48:13 AM

The i5-4690K is part of the Devil's Canyon set which comes with improved TIM (Thermal Interface Material) which means it can overclock much better while staying cooler than the i5-4670K.
m
0
l
July 21, 2014 9:54:29 AM

ksham said:
The i5-4690K is part of the Devil's Canyon set which comes with improved TIM (Thermal Interface Material) which means it can overclock much better while staying cooler than the i5-4670K.


Didn't know that 4690k was a part of devil's Canyon but i might still have to stay with the 4670k and I have one last question really sorry what would be the best GPU with the 4670k and keeps me under £800
m
0
l
a b å Intel
a c 171 V Motherboard
July 21, 2014 11:30:00 AM

Under £800 for a graphics card? I think every single graphics card is under that amount. The i5-4670K will not bottleneck any graphics card so you can buy whatever fits your budget.
m
0
l
July 21, 2014 1:28:37 PM

ksham said:
Under £800 for a graphics card? I think every single graphics card is under that amount. The i5-4670K will not bottleneck any graphics card so you can buy whatever fits your budget.


No sorry £800 was my budget i had a R9 270x in mind.
m
0
l
a b å Intel
a c 171 V Motherboard
July 21, 2014 1:40:55 PM

You haven't listed your parts so it's hard to know what to recommend. Can you fill them out on pcpartpicker.com and provide the permalink (Ctrl + F "permalink" if you can't find it on the site).
m
0
l
July 21, 2014 5:47:32 PM

ksham said:
You haven't listed your parts so it's hard to know what to recommend. Can you fill them out on pcpartpicker.com and provide the permalink (Ctrl + F "permalink" if you can't find it on the site).


Sorry for the late reply but this is the build i had in mind.
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/ssppzy
m
0
l
a b å Intel
a c 171 V Motherboard
July 22, 2014 8:53:51 PM

That is a good build. I don't think I could much better. But here's something worth considering:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£158.34 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£24.25 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£101.99 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£58.80 @ Kustom PCs)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£57.19 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.70 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Dual-X Video Card (£200.59 @ Aria PC)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case (£44.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£60.06 @ CCL Computers)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£14.95 @ Amazon UK)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£78.62 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £838.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

It is 38.48 over, but the R9 280X is miles better than a R9 270X. If you want to temporarily make it more affordable, you can drop the CPU Cooler, not overclock, and then buy the CPU Cooler later when you overclock. It's a lot easier to afford a cooler for 24.25 than to buy a new graphics card.
m
0
l
July 24, 2014 4:41:41 PM

ksham said:
That is a good build. I don't think I could much better. But here's something worth considering:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£158.34 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£24.25 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£101.99 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£58.80 @ Kustom PCs)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£57.19 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.70 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Dual-X Video Card (£200.59 @ Aria PC)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case (£44.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£60.06 @ CCL Computers)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£14.95 @ Amazon UK)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£78.62 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £838.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

It is 38.48 over, but the R9 280X is miles better than a R9 270X. If you want to temporarily make it more affordable, you can drop the CPU Cooler, not overclock, and then buy the CPU Cooler later when you overclock. It's a lot easier to afford a cooler for 24.25 than to buy a new graphics card.


Sorry for the late reply i would have to say that is a better build and in the end would save me more money. i would like to thank you for all the help you have given me mate :) 
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
July 24, 2014 9:34:01 PM

NoobGamerX said:
Hi everyone would just want opinions on which of these Intel motherboards has the best Price/Performance?
The CPU of my choice was a i5 4670k or would there be a better choice of CPU?
1. ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Intel Z97
2. ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer Intel Z97
3. ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII RANGER Intel Z97
4. MSI or Gigybyte Gaming Series

The Ranger would be your best bet. ASUS never disappointing.
m
0
l
!