$800 new pc built(Got GPU). Need suggestions.

rezwan739

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Can you guys please update me on any latest built that would pack power for the investment.

Im already set on GPU (750ti) and a Coolmaster HT4 cooler. Casing will be Coolermaster elite 431 plus.

I have a budget of $800 to spent on 1tera Harddrive, SSD, Mboard, CPU, RAM, and other mandatory components.
But couldn't figure out if i should go for AMD or Intel build. Within a year ill upgrade to GTX780. Thereby any suggestions from you guys will be much appreciated.

PS. I am going to order everything within 3 days. And i am both confused and excited as its my 1st build lol.

Solution
The fx 8350 would do better than the i5 in terms of multicore stuff. 3d rendering/live streaming/video editing and stuff like that. In gaming alone, the i5 is superior due to its architecture and single thread abilities.

For SLI/Crossfire setups, it's more ideal to have a 750/850w psu on an intel system, at least if you want enough headroom. A 650w would be pushing it most likely and if not, it'll be overloaded. With the gtx 780, it'll probably be able to play games from at least medium quality for a good while before you can probably consider changing the card out. And by the time you're going to change it out, you'll probably be ready for a new system all together. I don't think you'll really need a SLI system unless you're going for...
Here's something to consider. You'll have an overclockable cpu and a good motherboard to support a nice overclock.

16gb RAM for multitasking. You could go with 8gb if you want. 8gb is all you need for gaming, and you'll still have some room for multitasking sometimes.

XFX psu, good unit. It's a bit on the pricier side, but its a seasonic unit.

I included a copy of windows if you need it, if not, you could pocket the money or throw it into a bigger SSD or something if you want.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($234.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($130.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: PNY XLR8 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($139.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Sandisk Solid State Drive 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($79.74 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $795.67

xTempered

Reputable
May 2, 2014
Can you link which specific 750 ti you want. Although minor they do have differnces. And an SSD is not mandatory it simply makes load speeds faster. As for the cooler I dont even think theres one called the HT4 I believe thats simply a part of a whole cooler most likely the main contact part of the heat pipes So if you dont mind also linking what specific cooler you want. Besides that heres the build so far from what I could get without the part I was unsure about. And also im not sure I completely understood you but I'm going to guess you mean't that you already own a 750 ti, if so I can edit the build to get as much performance possible from the spare money that would come from removing the 750 ti from the build cost

Also you didnt mention if OS was needed so im guessing its not.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/q9zst6

rezwan739

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Thank you so much Calnin and xTempered for the builds. both are fantastic builds.

I am so sorry i didn't elaborate my contexts in the description.

Actually my 8y old pc just blew up last week. I am able to salvage a EVGA GTX 750ti FTW edition and A cooler master Hyper T4 cooler which i'v been using for about 4months now to keep my Core2Duo cool enough to run recent games. But oh well that system wont turn on anymore, after a flash i noticed inside the see-thru case. I am not motivated to spent anymore on that crappy system, but instead i am looking to build a new PC that would actually last 8+years.

I will be mostly using my PC for gaming. HARDCORE GAMING i mean lol. I play all the recent titles that come out. therefore i am looking to upgrade to GTX780 soon.

After months of hardwork and dollar savings i've saved up $800 to dedicate for the upgrade.

I am looking for the following in the system, I have $800 to spent only on the items below:

A gaming CPU (I have no preference on intel/amd)

A SLI compatable Motherboard that supports the CPU

A PSU with 650W for future SLI ( i was looking at the Crossair RM series, but you guys know best)

A 1Tera Harddrive

A SSD for OS

At least 8gb ram

The Coolmaster Elite 431 case

PS. i was doing some research on intel/amd cpus, I was wondering if having 8core like Amd 8350 would actually be better than having 4 core intel that performs faster.

The fx 8350 would do better than the i5 in terms of multicore stuff. 3d rendering/live streaming/video editing and stuff like that. In gaming alone, the i5 is superior due to its architecture and single thread abilities.

For SLI/Crossfire setups, it's more ideal to have a 750/850w psu on an intel system, at least if you want enough headroom. A 650w would be pushing it most likely and if not, it'll be overloaded. With the gtx 780, it'll probably be able to play games from at least medium quality for a good while before you can probably consider changing the card out. And by the time you're going to change it out, you'll probably be ready for a new system all together. I don't think you'll really need a SLI system unless you're going for 4k resolution or something.

As for a motherboard that's compatible for SLI, most z97 motherboards are compatible with SLI.

Cooler wise, probably should pick up a cm 212 evo later down the line if you're going to overclock in the future. I'd imagine you don't need to worry too much about it now.

Solution