Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Intel Core i5 4460 Or AMD FX 8320 for Gaming ?!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 21, 2014 1:39:13 PM

I'll be playing Games like BF4 and AC4 so I really need your help guys , and BTW If I go with AMD should I buy an aftermarket cooler or Should I stick with the Stock ?!
I'll not Overclock at all so what do you suggest ?

Best solution

a c 153 à CPUs
a b À AMD
a b å Intel
July 21, 2014 1:45:12 PM

If both builds are using the same graphics card, the i5-4460 is superior to the FX-8350 in terms of gaming. Otherwise, whichever build has the better graphics card will be better.
Share
July 21, 2014 1:48:51 PM

ksham said:
If both builds are using the same graphics card, the i5-4460 is superior to the FX-8350 in terms of gaming. Otherwise, whichever build has the better graphics card will be better.


Yes I'll be getting R9 270x even If I go with the i5 , but the problem is my budget , If I go with Intel I'll be getting the Gigabyte H81M S2PH :/  and It's abad motherboard
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 178 à CPUs
a b À AMD
a b å Intel
July 21, 2014 2:17:08 PM

cibug said:
ksham said:
If both builds are using the same graphics card, the i5-4460 is superior to the FX-8350 in terms of gaming. Otherwise, whichever build has the better graphics card will be better.


Yes I'll be getting R9 270x even If I go with the i5 , but the problem is my budget , If I go with Intel I'll be getting the Gigabyte H81M S2PH :/  and It's abad motherboard


Well, you are aware of the issues so you need to make a choice. Bottleneck some games by getting the AMD CPU, or get a crappy motherboard.

If it strictly comes down to that, then don't get a crappy motherboard. You may wish to give a BUDGET then maybe others can give you better advice. It's hard to give the best advice if we only have a choice like this.

*Why not consider the G3258? Sure, it's a dual-core but it runs some games better than the FX-8350. If you got an inexpensive, reasonable quality 1150 motherboard you can overclock the G3258 then later drop in a better 4-core Intel CPU when you have the budget.

The G3258 is about $70 I think. I just finished doing a lot of research on it and it's pretty great for a budget build which again can be upgraded.
m
0
l
July 21, 2014 3:11:42 PM

photonboy said:
cibug said:
ksham said:
If both builds are using the same graphics card, the i5-4460 is superior to the FX-8350 in terms of gaming. Otherwise, whichever build has the better graphics card will be better.


Yes I'll be getting R9 270x even If I go with the i5 , but the problem is my budget , If I go with Intel I'll be getting the Gigabyte H81M S2PH :/  and It's abad motherboard


Well, you are aware of the issues so you need to make a choice. Bottleneck some games by getting the AMD CPU, or get a crappy motherboard.

If it strictly comes down to that, then don't get a crappy motherboard. You may wish to give a BUDGET then maybe others can give you better advice. It's hard to give the best advice if we only have a choice like this.

*Why not consider the G3258? Sure, it's a dual-core but it runs some games better than the FX-8350. If you got an inexpensive, reasonable quality 1150 motherboard you can overclock the G3258 then later drop in a better 4-core Intel CPU when you have the budget.

The G3258 is about $70 I think. I just finished doing a lot of research on it and it's pretty great for a budget build which again can be upgraded.


You may have apoint but This Processor is outdated and it cannot keep up with the 4th Generation Processors Nor the AMD ones and I'm not sure if it's available in my country as I live in Egypt , but Would This H81M ( crappy motherboard ) do fine in games or I've no choice but to choose the AMD ?
m
0
l
!