Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

need a good low profile cpu cooler any ideas

Tags:
  • Cooling
  • CPUs
Last response: in Systems
July 21, 2014 2:44:24 PM

Hi,
Need a low profile cpu cooler for fx 8350 am3+ socket on a asus 990fx board in a gigabyte gz-g2 plus case any ideas I think I have about 120mm in height to play with thanks:) 

Also meant to say that there will be a side cover 120mm fan in place which limits me to about 120mm in height other wise with out the side cover fan there is 150mm in height to play with.

More about : good low profile cpu cooler ideas

a b à CPUs
July 21, 2014 3:48:54 PM

Low profile coolers aren't good for the 8350, the best I can possibly recommend is to get at least a Cooler Master Seidon 120XL.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 83 à CPUs
July 21, 2014 3:51:20 PM

Hello,

You don't necessarily need a low profile cooler. Anyway, you have three solutions:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... , in which case you can use both your side fans;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... , also using both side fans;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168..., in which case you will use only the second side fan, the bottom one (even if you could use the top side fan, it will not have much influence).
Share
Related resources
July 22, 2014 1:05:51 AM

Cristi72 said:
Hello,

You don't necessarily need a low profile cooler. Anyway, you have three solutions:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... , in which case you can use both your side fans;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... , also using both side fans;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168..., in which case you will use only the second side fan, the bottom one (even if you could use the top side fan, it will not have much influence).


Hi, thanks for your reply, I might go for the middle cooler as I don't think I trust water cooler's too much as one tiny stupid leak could ruin your system, only problem I have is I cant same to find a supplier in Ireland with that one, would you have a look at this one and see if it similar or not http://www.komplett.ie/product/zkb-01com/80010113/scyth...

thanks:) 
m
0
l
a c 83 à CPUs
July 22, 2014 5:55:07 AM

enzof60 said:


Hi, thanks for your reply, I might go for the middle cooler as I don't think I trust water cooler's too much as one tiny stupid leak could ruin your system, only problem I have is I cant same to find a supplier in Ireland with that one, would you have a look at this one and see if it similar or not http://www.komplett.ie/product/zkb-01com/80010113/scyth...

thanks:) 


That is a good cooler, but being very wide it might interfere with your RAM. I used to recommend Scythe Katana AMD, but it is not available anymore. You can go with this:

http://www.ebuyer.com/500908-zalman-cnps8900-quiet-ultr...
m
0
l
July 22, 2014 8:37:48 AM

Cristi72 said:
enzof60 said:


Hi, thanks for your reply, I might go for the middle cooler as I don't think I trust water cooler's too much as one tiny stupid leak could ruin your system, only problem I have is I cant same to find a supplier in Ireland with that one, would you have a look at this one and see if it similar or not http://www.komplett.ie/product/zkb-01com/80010113/scyth...

thanks:) 


That is a good cooler, but being very wide it might interfere with your RAM. I used to recommend Scythe Katana AMD, but it is not available anymore. You can go with this:

http://www.ebuyer.com/500908-zalman-cnps8900-quiet-ultr...


Hi,
That seems to be the perfect solution and well priced and I can buy it in Ireland, only thing I would be worried about is because its so cheap is it going to work out as it says it covers all tdp so it should, my question is if it was your system and you were stuck for space would you use it?:) 
m
0
l
a c 83 à CPUs
July 22, 2014 2:11:15 PM

enzof60 said:

Hi,
That seems to be the perfect solution and well priced and I can buy it in Ireland, only thing I would be worried about is because its so cheap is it going to work out as it says it covers all tdp so it should, my question is if it was your system and you were stuck for space would you use it?:) 


If you are not into overclocking, it will work, especially if you will also use the side fans.

Please also check this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/low-profile-heat-si...
m
0
l
July 22, 2014 2:52:24 PM

Cristi72 said:
enzof60 said:

Hi,
That seems to be the perfect solution and well priced and I can buy it in Ireland, only thing I would be worried about is because its so cheap is it going to work out as it says it covers all tdp so it should, my question is if it was your system and you were stuck for space would you use it?:) 


If you are not into overclocking, it will work, especially if you will also use the side fans.

Please also check this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/low-profile-heat-si...


Thanks for this reply it was very interesting and I think it has me wanting the zalman fan after reading that review thanks again:D 

m
0
l