$500 Gaming PC build Need help

gmonkey92

Reputable
Jul 21, 2014
Noobie to PC's and wondering if you guys can pick me parts for $450 gaming PC I play games like cod Minecraft Terraria BioShock etc. Thanks

Solution
Yes, to make them cheaper.

Currently only half the HX, the CSM650, RM450/RM1000, and all the TX units are Seasonic. The AX are Flextronics which is VERY good (as good or better than Seasonic), but the CS, rest of CSM, VS, CX, rest of RM units are all not recommended.
Yes, to make them cheaper.

Currently only half the HX, the CSM650, RM450/RM1000, and all the TX units are Seasonic. The AX are Flextronics which is VERY good (as good or better than Seasonic), but the CS, rest of CSM, VS, CX, rest of RM units are all not recommended.

Solution

fooball

Reputable
Jun 14, 2014
For my build (first build, built a month ago, was looking at $450 but went up to $600 total :p), I used some second hand parts to reduce the price. I went on craigslist and found 16gb (4x4gb) of ddr3 1600mhz ram for slightly less than the price of a 8gb set. Since you are building a budget build (like me), I would recommend buying some used parts. The parts which (should) have almost no risk of failure are: hard drive, ram, dvd drive, and the case. If possible, listing your requirements would make future answers on this thread alot easier.

I disagree. SSDs fail very frequently and HDDs tend to last a long time. This is traditionally how it works.

moozilbee

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
Maybe I was getting it confused with the way they fail, SSDs usually won't get very damaged from being knocked bashed or anything (usually, sometimes they will), whereas HDDs can easily fail if they're dropped or bashed. If you dropped a computer by accident, most things would probably be fine but the hard drive would brake.

TRENDING THREADS