i5 3470 overclock b75m-d3h

Kaspoka

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
Hello guys, first of all, sorry about my bad english.

I'd like to know if i can overclock my i5 3470 with my MoBo.

why am i asking it? At my bios there is a setting called cpu/PCIe base clock which is at Auto, but if i start to load it up, the cpu frequency and memory frequency goes up, increasing the clock, is it dangerous? should i do it? thank you!

Solution
your nok (k) cpu paired with B75 doesnt provide overclocking potential. with voltage control and multiplier control locked there is only one thing left tweakable. that is bclk frequency you mention which is 100mhz. as you have experienced, increasing that value, increases not only the cpu speed but every other component! this however really stesses everything and isnt a proper overclocking method, you should really avoid with your hardware. at higher values, eventually you will run into stability issues and the risk over bricking even your hdd - ssd!
your nok (k) cpu paired with B75 doesnt provide overclocking potential. with voltage control and multiplier control locked there is only one thing left tweakable. that is bclk frequency you mention which is 100mhz. as you have experienced, increasing that value, increases not only the cpu speed but every other component! this however really stesses everything and isnt a proper overclocking method, you should really avoid with your hardware. at higher values, eventually you will run into stability issues and the risk over bricking even your hdd - ssd!

Solution