6350 overheating, do I need to buy case fans in addition to a cpu cooler?

hmd234

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
I have a 6350 and recently it's been overheating (i think) the pc restarts when i'm in game and when i open up core temp the temps are in the 50's and eventually it cools down and jumps around between 20 - 30. My question was that should I buy new case fans in addition to the 212 evo, if so can you recommend some better than the ones that came with the case and do the case fans come with adapters to connect directly to the power supply because my mobo only has 2 fan ports. Also what do you think is the best positioning for my 2 case fans, this is my case (http://i.imgur.com/BDfY79k.png) currently I have both fans taking air out in the 2 left postions.

Solution
The cpu won't run at 15C unless the room temp is 0C.

Quite often these sorts of problems are caused by cpu's overheating.

Blow out your case - especially fans, filters and coolers. Increase your cpu fan rpm. Get rid of any overclocks.

Look at cpu/case/package temps in bios/uefi. If under 35C idle and 50C gaming then that's OK

hmd234

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013

My cpu is hitting in the 50's and maxes are mid to lower 60's when playing CS:GO by gpu stays in the 80's only hits 90's in BF3 on high

hmd234

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013

I was just worried because when I first built this pc it would idle around 5-15 C, I built it during the wintertime so that might just be it, depending on the room temp I guess. But it also restarts when in game is it because it's overheaing?

The cpu won't run at 15C unless the room temp is 0C.

Quite often these sorts of problems are caused by cpu's overheating.

Blow out your case - especially fans, filters and coolers. Increase your cpu fan rpm. Get rid of any overclocks.

Look at cpu/case/package temps in bios/uefi. If under 35C idle and 50C gaming then that's OK

Solution

Fidgetmaster

Reputable
May 28, 2014
as far as case fans the rear fan, you need some high CFM/air flow, Stick a very annoying Delta in that position or something....the rest use some standard fans...most say top should be exhaust but I have seen quite an improvement with top two being intakes....