Solved

Sata power extension or MOLEX

Hi

I just bought a ODD for my pc but the sata power cable will not reach to the drive because it is plugged in to and SSD...

so im looking for a sata power extension cable...

should i get an extension cable or a Molex to Sata power adaptor??

which one is more reliable

also it would help if you can suggest one too

preferably fast delivery to London

ebay, amazon or such
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sata power extension molex
  1. I would suggest that using a free Molex with a SATA power adapter would make more sense that loading the current SATA cable. What kind of PSU do you have that have only one SATA cable, BTW?

    SOmething like this will be just fine: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200061
  2. Karsten75 said:
    I would suggest that using a free Molex with a SATA power adapter would make more sense that loading the current SATA cable. What kind of PSU do you have that have only one SATA cable, BTW?

    SOmething like this will be just fine: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200061


    UK please....

    and my PSU is a OCZ CoreXStream 500w and it has 2 cables of sata with 2 ports on each cable
    but i have 2 ssds and 1 hdd so it doent reach to the ODD

    and free molex???
  3. Best answer
    The MOLEX to sata adapters last forever. I used FOXCONN ones that came with my computer for more than 3 years without any issues. If you want good looking ones get the "Bitfenix" brand ones.

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_p_76_1?rh=n%3A340831031%2Ck%3Amolex+to+sata%2Cp_76%3A419159031&keywords=molex+to+sata

    'Free molex' is a MOLEX plug that you aren't using at the moment.
  4. Pondering said:
    The MOLEX to sata adapters last forever. I used FOXCONN ones that came with my computer for more than 3 years without any issues. If you want good looking ones get the "Bitfenix" brand ones.

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_p_76_1?rh=n%3A340831031%2Ck%3Amolex+to+sata%2Cp_76%3A419159031&keywords=molex+to+sata

    'Free molex' is a MOLEX plug that you aren't using at the moment.


    ok thanks so i will go with the molex adaptor then!!

    Thanks
    again

    PS i cant buy it till later today so if anyone would like to suggest one with very quick shipping for not too much
    then please do it!!!
  5. Gershy said:
    Pondering said:
    The MOLEX to sata adapters last forever. I used FOXCONN ones that came with my computer for more than 3 years without any issues. If you want good looking ones get the "Bitfenix" brand ones.

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_p_76_1?rh=n%3A340831031%2Ck%3Amolex+to+sata%2Cp_76%3A419159031&keywords=molex+to+sata

    'Free molex' is a MOLEX plug that you aren't using at the moment.


    ok thanks so i will go with the molex adaptor then!!

    Thanks
    again

    PS i cant buy it till later today so if anyone would like to suggest one with very quick shipping for not too much
    then please do it!!!



    Amazon usually has the quickest shipping so you will probably just have to wait.
  6. sora said:
    Gershy said:
    Pondering said:
    The MOLEX to sata adapters last forever. I used FOXCONN ones that came with my computer for more than 3 years without any issues. If you want good looking ones get the "Bitfenix" brand ones.

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_p_76_1?rh=n%3A340831031%2Ck%3Amolex+to+sata%2Cp_76%3A419159031&keywords=molex+to+sata

    'Free molex' is a MOLEX plug that you aren't using at the moment.


    ok thanks so i will go with the molex adaptor then!!

    Thanks
    again

    PS i cant buy it till later today so if anyone would like to suggest one with very quick shipping for not too much
    then please do it!!!



    Amazon usually has the quickest shipping so you will probably just have to wait.


    OK yeah thanks but I went for ebuyer because free next day delivery and it was cheap and looks cool too
    Thanks
    Gersh
Ask a new question

Read More

SATA Extension Cable Power