/ Sign-up
Your question

Hooking up old stereo system and speakers to pc

  • Speakers
  • Desktops
Last response: in Home Theatre
November 18, 2012 2:53:15 PM

i need some help hooking up stereo system receiver and speakers to my desktop pc to use them as surround sound. i was told to use 3.5mm stereo to L/R audio adapter cable, but i wanted to make sure that's even possible. which plugs would go into which holes on the receiver and then to which hole on the back of my pc?

More about : hooking stereo system speakers

Best solution

November 24, 2012 6:27:27 PM

The RCA end of the audio cable would connect to either the Video/Aux or MD inputs. Doesn't matter which one. At the PC the mini plug would connect to the front or stereo outs of the motherboard or audio card if you have one. Set the PC for 2 speakers in the audio control panel of the PC (stereo not surround sound).
Related resources