Help With 1960 Bally 873 5cent Slot

obidobi

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014
I have a 1960 Bally 5cent slot machine that i am having a problem with.

When I plug it in all the lights are lit indicating that it has been given the max of 5 coins when I try and pull the lever nothing happens

When I try and add coins it will keep accepting them way past the 5 coin max and I still cant pull the lever.

Sometimes when I plug it in there is a loud buzzing sound coming from the machine.

How do I get this thing working again?

Solution
also on your slot unit look for old swelled or dried out caps. when you can find the repair guild online you should with a volt meter and a o-scope fine out where a voltage or signal trace is missing.
You are gonna have to take that to someone who restores them professionally. Im assuming you have very little knowledge about them, as do I, but I have an idea of what is inside it. This isnt a job you are gonna wanna look up on the internet and try and do yourself.

obidobi

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014
I was afraid of that, my job is electronics repair and I deal with circuits on a daily basis. That being said what I deal with is not 50 years old.

Thank you for the response

obidobi

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014
I havent had time to tackle this project again yet but with all the info that I have been given im going to go ahead and replace the caps, solenoids and the wiring. May not fix the problem but after 50 years its needed