Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Install classic shell and apps on HDD, not on SSD

Last response: in Windows 8
Share
Anonymous
July 22, 2014 3:04:22 PM

Hello Tomshardware Forums! I have a question!

I have a new laptop and it´s got an SSD and an HDD, I would like to know how to install things on my HDD rather than my SDD

does anyone know how to do that?

More about : install classic shell apps hdd ssd

Best solution

July 22, 2014 3:09:33 PM

Anonymous said:
Hello Tomshardware Forums! I have a question!

I have a new laptop and it´s got an SSD and an HDD, I would like to know how to install things on my HDD rather than my SDD

does anyone know how to do that?


When installing just change the install drive to that of your HDD. I'm assuming your SSD is the drive with windows on it and is the C: drive. So when asked where to install, (sometimes you need to do the custom, not express install options) change it from C:\Program Files\xxx to D:\Program Files\xxx.

Share
July 22, 2014 3:11:26 PM

First you have to know that the name of the second drive is. Then when you want to install something it usually ask you where to do it. Normally the second drive is labeled as D:, so change C: to D: and install.

So unless it is horrible software that does not allow you to change the install path like TomTom it should work.
m
1
l
Related resources
Anonymous
July 22, 2014 3:21:32 PM

thanks! haha, realised it was a silly question after all
m
0
l
Anonymous
July 22, 2014 3:26:55 PM

thundervore said:
First you have to know that the name of the second drive is. Then when you want to install something it usually ask you where to do it. Normally the second drive is labeled as D:, so change C: to D: and install.

So unless it is horrible software that does not allow you to change the install path like TomTom it should work.


wait, but what about some specific apps? for example clasic shell doesn´t ask me where to install
m
0
l
Anonymous
July 22, 2014 3:27:11 PM

EthanG said:
Anonymous said:
Hello Tomshardware Forums! I have a question!

I have a new laptop and it´s got an SSD and an HDD, I would like to know how to install things on my HDD rather than my SDD

does anyone know how to do that?


When installing just change the install drive to that of your HDD. I'm assuming your SSD is the drive with windows on it and is the C: drive. So when asked where to install, (sometimes you need to do the custom, not express install options) change it from C:\Program Files\xxx to D:\Program Files\xxx.


wait, but what about some specific apps? for example clasic shell doesn´t ask me where to install

m
0
l
Anonymous
July 22, 2014 3:27:56 PM

NVM, solved already
m
0
l
!