FX 4130 Anomalies

Lakiza

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014
Hi, i recently upgraded my old phenom ii x4 945 to fx 4130 and i'm experiencing some issues. I enabled the CPU Smart Fan Control(Award bios, Gigabyte M68MT-S2) in the bios because the fan is quite loud on its 100%(6000rpm on a 80mm fan). Unfortunately it's worse now because the fan speeds up on almost no load(starting chrome, having 2 tabs open) and it constantly goes up and down on idle(you can literally hear its changing speed by a bit when the PC is on). I did found a temporary solution with SpeedFan to control fan pwm according to socket temp.

The other problem i'm having with the same cpu is temperature monitoring. The socket temp is ok but when i check cpu core temp i see some unrealistic temperatures(19°C when its 26°C in my room) and it also changes by a lot sometimes - jumps by 10-15°C randomly.

Wattage monitor maxes 65W, hence its max TDP of 125W, which i also find weird and sometimes when i turn my pc on the multiplier doesn't go over 14 so the Speed can't go over 2.8Ghz(The cpu i default 3.8Ghz)

I tried flashing my bios to the latest version but that didn't change anything. I'm just trying to find what causes this(I suspect it's the motherboard).

joelplaysmc

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
I also would think that is the motherboard. I have the FX-6300 with only 2 fans, my Hyper 212 EVO fan and the one fan at the back of the case. My fans almost never go past 1100 rpm on the 120mm fan. They are insanely quiet.

However please tell me how long you have used the same fans or if you have a ever cleaned them.
I ask this because my fans after a few months accumulated lots of dust and they have to run a little faster. I personally have to clean them soon but I need to buy a can of compressed air.

Lakiza

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014

Its out of the box cooler, the guy who sold me the cpu used it for about 2 months and had water cooling on it, the cooler had no dust on it and had pre applied thermal paste. Indeed about the aftermarket cooler, i have a Raijintek Themis(similar to 212 evo) on my phenom ii x4 945 with 2 120mm fans and it works about 1000rpm all the time. Well i will be buying an ECS a970m-a deluxe mobo and get my fx4130 back from my friend, put my cooler on it and see how that works. Also what do you guys think about this motherboard? I found it new fairly cheap so i'm planing to buy it as soon as i can.