$600 Budget gaming PC

JancoV

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
I want to leave console gaming and start PC gaming because it has much more possebilities. I already have my moniter, OS, keyboard and mouse. I want to be able to play battlefield 4 on low-medium, settings without lag. I would prefer intel and also a motherboard that will be compatible with future upgrades, a 1TB HDD and I will possibly buy an SSD for my OS later on. I would prefer 2x4GB RAM, if my budget is too small, 1x4GB would suffix and i'll just upgrade later on. Parts has to be from Amazon because as far as i know their the only place that ships to South Africa. I would also prefer if you give a reason for choosing each part as I would like to learn more. Please also tell me what I should upgrade first and why.

Solution

i could shuffle the build around to support no overclocking... It won't have high as a "top end" but it will still game respectably.

It would also change around the order of part replacement... instead of cpu first, you'd replace the gpu first.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($123.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus H87M-E Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($94.24 @ Amazon)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0...

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($69.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($72.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive ($77.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Silverstone PS08B (Black) MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $594.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-23 16:02 EDT-0400

now the why...

cpu: got you the only overclockable pentium cpu out there... basically cheap with some gaming power once overclocked

mb: a little pricy but it's the cheapest motherboard i could find that would overclock that cpu... that it's a h97 chipset means you can upgrade to a quad core haswell or broadwell if you wish down the road.

ram: cheapest fastest 8gb kit i could find

storage: I don't believe in building a new system without a ssd... but your budget demands compromises... so i included a HYBRID hard drive... should give you some advantages once it's done rearranging the files on the disk.

video card: simply the best card i could fit into your budget and available at amazon.

case: it's ugly.. i know... but it's also a rather well designed ugly little case. as an owner of an ugly case myself, i can tell you, you learn to love them especially when they're made pretty solidly... like that one is. It was the "best" featured case i could find in your budget

power supply: it's alright for a cheap power supply. Nothing special... it will do what you need done. Right now EVGA is trying to break into the psu market, because they have no history in it, their psus are being sold for extremely low prices to build their brand name... and by all reviews i've seen of their units they seem to be solid power supplies... and thus... right now they're a great bargain.

optical drive: i wouldn't add one to the build personally. use the saved cash to get a better gpu... but that's up to you

pretty good... medium to high on multiplayer maps... in 1080p... if you can clock that cpu up into the 4.0ghz - 4.5ghz range.

the easiest upgrade will be to swap out the cpu with a i5 or i7... as nice as that chip can be when it's overclocked it won't pace a stock i5.

the next upgrade would be the gpu.

JancoV

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
I'm afraid about overclocking, I've read that overclocking could damage the hardware and void the warrenty, I also don't know how to overclock, on what settings would it un battlefield4 if I don't overclock it?

i could shuffle the build around to support no overclocking... It won't have high as a "top end" but it will still game respectably.

It would also change around the order of part replacement... instead of cpu first, you'd replace the gpu first.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($123.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($72.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive ($77.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 750 1GB Video Card ($109.24 @ Amazon)
Case: Silverstone PS08B (Black) MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer ($29.17 @ Amazon)
Total: $602.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-24 12:53 EDT-0400

Solution