Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Black And White build

Tags:
  • Build
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Components
July 23, 2014 3:50:31 PM

I want to make a build that has a black and white theme any suggestions for motherboard.
it will be an upgrade so i just need a new z97 mother board that have a black and white color scheme

More about : black white build

Best solution

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 23, 2014 3:52:31 PM

I would say go with either one of the Sabertooth boards featuring the 'Thermal Armour' or one of the all-matte-black Gigabyte UD boards.

ASUS did show off an all white PCB board recently, but I think it was either really expensive, or never released.

'Course, if you're willing to spend an unnecessary amount of money, there's always that fancy new Gigabyte Classified board.
Share
July 23, 2014 9:11:12 PM

Im on a budget and the gigabyte all blck is probably the best chice, but i love asus so do u think the z97a would work well i just want ur opinion
m
0
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 24, 2014 3:00:36 AM

dogenut said:
Im on a budget and the gigabyte all blck is probably the best chice, but i love asus so do u think the z97a would work well i just want ur opinion


I'm not keen on the gold accents personally.

Thing is, if colour matching is your issue you could get away with 3 tones instead of 2 (Ie, the black and white), providing every other component in the system is either black, white, or gold.
I usually like to go for this method and make whatever the motherboard scheme is as the third colour since it's rather rare to find all-black boards from manufacturers that aren't Gigabyte.

Fortunately it's fairly easy to do. With a bit of shopping around it's an easy task to find all-black graphics cards, sound cards etc... You can also easily get away with metal accents without it ruining the look, so any heatpipes on cards or large air cooling heatsinks are going to look fine.

The trickiest part aside from the board is the power supply, even though it's only a sticker, you can probably just peel it off for an all-black box.

I would recommend the SP120/AF140 case fans too since they come with white colour rings.
Oh and make sure the boards are actually black, not really really dark brown.
m
0
l
July 24, 2014 6:51:45 AM

Anonymous said:
I would say go with either one of the Sabertooth boards featuring the 'Thermal Armour' or one of the all-matte-black Gigabyte UD boards.

ASUS did show off an all white PCB board recently, but I think it was either really expensive, or never released.

'Course, if you're willing to spend an unnecessary amount of money, there's always that fancy new Gigabyte Classified board.

Yes I think I will go for the gigabyte or wait for the Asus gryphon armor
Anonymous said:
dogenut said:
Im on a budget and the gigabyte all blck is probably the best chice, but i love asus so do u think the z97a would work well i just want ur opinion


I'm not keen on the gold accents personally.

Thing is, if colour matching is your issue you could get away with 3 tones instead of 2 (Ie, the black and white), providing every other component in the system is either black, white, or gold.
I usually like to go for this method and make whatever the motherboard scheme is as the third colour since it's rather rare to find all-black boards from manufacturers that aren't Gigabyte.

Fortunately it's fairly easy to do. With a bit of shopping around it's an easy task to find all-black graphics cards, sound cards etc... You can also easily get away with metal accents without it ruining the look, so any heatpipes on cards or large air cooling heatsinks are going to look fine.

The trickiest part aside from the board is the power supply, even though it's only a sticker, you can probably just peel it off for an all-black box.

I would recommend the SP120/AF140 case fans too since they come with white colour rings.
Oh and make sure the boards are actually black, not really really dark brown.


m
0
l