Solved

Getting a GTX 590?

If I can get a gtx 590 for under $150 is it worth getting? I would also have to get another psu. But considering how much the 760 & 770 is.....
My cpu is a FX-8350 and I have 8gb of ram. Just to clear any other questions. :D
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gtx 590
  1. Best answer
    That doesn't sound like a bad price. If the card is in decent shape, it sure is faster than what you can buy new with $150. But be sure you have enough air flow and a good sized case. No tiny case. That card will get hot. You'll need a good quality 700W (or better) PSU w/2 8 pin connectors. http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-590/specifications
  2. Like clutch said, if its in good condition and you can keep it cool and powered pick it up.

    Its better than anything else for 150, people think because a card is old it dosent perform anymore. Just as long as its not damaged or dying etc.
  3. Oh yeah, great deal on a powerhouse of a card. Half the price of its nearest Kepler corollary.
  4. Yes,its definitely worth getting


    17seconds said:
    Oh yeah, great deal on a powerhouse of a card. Half the price of its nearest Kepler corollary.


    I know the 590 is a power(hungry)house,but that graph is ridiculously ambiguous.It doesnt really provide you with any objective information.
  5. CrispyChips said:
    that graph is ridiculously ambiguous.It doesnt really provide you with any objective information.

    You're right, I should have provided a link so that anyone could look up the test system and individual benchmarks. There's actually nothing ambiguous about it all once the source is cited. I just assume that most people are familiar with TechPowerUp's cumulative performance charts.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_770/27.html
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_780/6.html


    It's definitely helpful to avoid any ambiguity as much as possible when making a point.
    CrispyChips said:
    Yes,its definitely worth getting
  6. CrispyChips said:
    Yes,its definitely worth getting


    17seconds said:
    Oh yeah, great deal on a powerhouse of a card. Half the price of its nearest Kepler corollary.


    I know the 590 is a power(hungry)house,but that graph is ridiculously ambiguous.It doesnt really provide you with any objective information.



    That is a chart that is pretty accurate... it isn't ambiguous at all.
  7. 17seconds said:
    CrispyChips said:
    that graph is ridiculously ambiguous.It doesnt really provide you with any objective information.

    You're right, I should have provided a link so that anyone could look up the test system and individual benchmarks. There's actually nothing ambiguous about it all once the source is cited. I just assume that most people are familiar with TechPowerUp's cumulative performance charts.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_770/27.html
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_780/6.html


    It's definitely helpful to avoid any ambiguity as much as possible when making a point.
    CrispyChips said:
    Yes,its definitely worth getting


    Thank you! That is much less ambiguous now.

    Only gripe left is: they dont cover widescreen resolutions untill 3x1080p?

    Odd.
  8. But what about drivers becoming unsupported?
  9. Unsupported? Where did you see this?

    Nvidia still supports cards back to the GTS 250's as far as i know.
  10. CrispyChips said:
    17seconds said:
    CrispyChips said:
    that graph is ridiculously ambiguous.It doesnt really provide you with any objective information.

    You're right, I should have provided a link so that anyone could look up the test system and individual benchmarks. There's actually nothing ambiguous about it all once the source is cited. I just assume that most people are familiar with TechPowerUp's cumulative performance charts.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_770/27.html
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_780/6.html

    It's definitely helpful to avoid any ambiguity as much as possible when making a point.
    CrispyChips said:
    Yes,its definitely worth getting


    Thank you! That is much less ambiguous now.

    Only gripe left is: they dont cover widescreen resolutions untill 3x1080p?

    Odd.

    More recent reviews cover 4K and multi-monitors.
  11. And just be aware of 1.5g per gpu vram is a bit limiting even for one moni tor
  12. +1^
    Yeah. Didn't know you planned on running 5760x1080. That will be limiting for AA and textures. I assume the 2 GPUs follow the same rule as 2 discrete cards in SLI... it does not double the VRAM per frame rendered.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx