R9 290 Sapphire Tri-x or Vapor-X for the least noise possible?

Tupley

Reputable
Jul 24, 2014
Hey. I'm about to buy a new PC with R290 but people commenting about how loud(hair dryer) this card can be. It probably was about reference and these are kinda bad but what about these two Sapphires? Vapor-X is still much cheaper than GTX780 Windforce but is it worth more than Tri-X version? If anyone has ever tested these cards, I'd love to hear your opinion...

Solution
I have 290X Tri-X it is very cool and very quiet... I think 74c was the highest I have seen on this one yet, but I never really cranked up Furmark or stuff like that (on the other hand, you are not going to play Furmark, do you?).

I think Vapor X is like 2-3c cooler and has a slightly better factory overclock, so get that, but Tri-X does the job so don't kill yourself for Vapor if the cost gap is too big.

Gaidax

Distinguished
I have 290X Tri-X it is very cool and very quiet... I think 74c was the highest I have seen on this one yet, but I never really cranked up Furmark or stuff like that (on the other hand, you are not going to play Furmark, do you?).

I think Vapor X is like 2-3c cooler and has a slightly better factory overclock, so get that, but Tri-X does the job so don't kill yourself for Vapor if the cost gap is too big.

Solution