Solved

Building a new PC (2014)

Hi,
i want to make a new pc like this, but i made this configuration about 6 month ago so maybe these are not enough good now.
CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k
Motherboard: ASRock Z87M Extreme4
CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
PSU: XFX ProSeries 550w
GIGABYTE GF GTX760 OC 2GB 256bit DDR5
RAM: Kingmax DDR3 1600MHz 4GB (2x4 GB) (already bought)

I calculated, and it all costs about 500euro, in Hungary!
So can you help me to create another one like this configuration, but newer and the "same" price.
Thx!
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about building 2014
  1. Best answer
    davidka0811 said:
    Hi,
    i want to make a new pc like this, but i made this configuration about 6 month ago so maybe these arenot enough good now.
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87M Extreme4
    CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    PSU: XFX ProSeries 550w

    (VGA: Asus GTX-660 DirectCU II OC edition 2Gb (already bought)
    RAM: Kingmax DDR3 1600MHz 4GB (2x4 GB) (already bought)

    I calculated, and it all costs about 420euro, in Hungary!
    So can you help me to create another one like this configuration, but newer and the same price.
    Thx!


    change the 8 to a 9. Job done.

    (i.e. z87m extreme 4 to z97m extreme 4).
  2. LucoTF I changed it to z97 thx:) its the same price. Do you think my configuration is enough good for future games (Battlefield games, AC, COD, Far Cry 4)? I think i must change my GPU in the future :S
  3. yes but it's fine for now :)
  4. And if i want to buy a new hard drive or SSD i dont know what is the cheapest and best for gaming.
  5. davidka0811 said:
    And if i want to buy a new hard drive or SSD i dont know what is the cheapest and best for gaming.


    If you already have a 7200rpm HDD then you only need another one when it's 75% full

    HDD - get a 7200rpm Western digital caviar blue (or black)
    SSD - Crucial MX100 offer good price / performance

    Neither will improve FPS but you would get quicker load times with an SSD. It's a nice addition to a machine, makes it feel snappy. 128gb or 256gb would be the size to go for
  6. I got this one: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm SATA2 HD103SJ, but when i check the desktop it says that i have C (195 Gb) and D (736 Gb) local disk. So i have one 1Tb HDD or 2 500Gb HDD?? I dont understand...

    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm SATA2 HD103SJ is enough, becouse i dont want to buy an other HDD?

    Which is enough?
    1. Samsung F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm
    2. Samsung F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm + Crucial MX100 SSD
    3. Western digital caviar black
    4. Western digital caviar black + Crucial MX100 SSD
  7. LucoTF said:
    davidka0811 said:
    And if i want to buy a new hard drive or SSD i dont know what is the cheapest and best for gaming.


    If you already have a 7200rpm HDD then you only need another one when it's 75% full

    HDD - get a 7200rpm Western digital caviar blue (or black)
    SSD - Crucial MX100 offer good price / performance

    Neither will improve FPS but you would get quicker load times with an SSD. It's a nice addition to a machine, makes it feel snappy. 128gb or 256gb would be the size to go for


    davidka0811 said:
    I got this one: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm SATA2 HD103SJ, but when i check the desktop it says that i have C (195 Gb) and D (736 Gb) local disk. So i have one 1Tb HDD or 2 500Gb HDD?? I dont understand...

    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm SATA2 HD103SJ is enough, becouse i dont want to buy an other HDD?

    Which is enough?
    1. Samsung F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm
    2. Samsung F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm + Crucial MX100 SSD
    3. Western digital caviar black
    4. Western digital caviar black + Crucial MX100 SSD
  8. davidka0811 said:
    I got this one: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm SATA2 HD103SJ, but when i check the desktop it says that i have C (195 Gb) and D (736 Gb) local disk. So i have one 1Tb HDD or 2 500Gb HDD?? I dont understand...

    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm SATA2 HD103SJ is enough, becouse i dont want to buy an other HDD?

    Which is enough?
    1. Samsung F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm
    2. Samsung F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm + Crucial MX100 SSD
    3. Western digital caviar black
    4. Western digital caviar black + Crucial MX100 SSD


    It sonds like your 1tb hard drive has been partitioned. Unless it's getting full or you want an SSD I wouldn't worry
  9. LucoTF said:
    davidka0811 said:
    I got this one: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm SATA2 HD103SJ, but when i check the desktop it says that i have C (195 Gb) and D (736 Gb) local disk. So i have one 1Tb HDD or 2 500Gb HDD?? I dont understand...

    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm SATA2 HD103SJ is enough, becouse i dont want to buy an other HDD?

    Which is enough?
    1. Samsung F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm
    2. Samsung F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm + Crucial MX100 SSD
    3. Western digital caviar black
    4. Western digital caviar black + Crucial MX100 SSD


    It sonds like your 1tb hard drive has been partitioned. Unless it's getting full or you want an SSD I wouldn't worry


    I think i go with Samsung F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm + Crucial MX100 SSD. But how does the SSD work? Its like a HDD? What should i store on the ssd and what on the hdd?
  10. davidka0811 said:
    LucoTF said:
    davidka0811 said:
    I got this one: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm SATA2 HD103SJ, but when i check the desktop it says that i have C (195 Gb) and D (736 Gb) local disk. So i have one 1Tb HDD or 2 500Gb HDD?? I dont understand...

    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm SATA2 HD103SJ is enough, becouse i dont want to buy an other HDD?

    Which is enough?
    1. Samsung F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm
    2. Samsung F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm + Crucial MX100 SSD
    3. Western digital caviar black
    4. Western digital caviar black + Crucial MX100 SSD


    It sonds like your 1tb hard drive has been partitioned. Unless it's getting full or you want an SSD I wouldn't worry


    I think i go with Samsung F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm + Crucial MX100 SSD. But how does the SSD work? Its like a HDD? What should i store on the ssd and what on the hdd?


    Usually you put Windows on the SSD, and a few programs (or games) where you want them to load fast (like microsoft office, for example). This will make your pc feel more snappy and responsive

    Normal files, folders, movies etc just go on the hard drive.
  11. And how can i delet all the things and the Windows 7 off my samsung HDD?
  12. LucoTF said:
    davidka0811 said:
    LucoTF said:
    davidka0811 said:
    I got this one: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm SATA2 HD103SJ, but when i check the desktop it says that i have C (195 Gb) and D (736 Gb) local disk. So i have one 1Tb HDD or 2 500Gb HDD?? I dont understand...

    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm SATA2 HD103SJ is enough, becouse i dont want to buy an other HDD?

    Which is enough?
    1. Samsung F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm
    2. Samsung F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm + Crucial MX100 SSD
    3. Western digital caviar black
    4. Western digital caviar black + Crucial MX100 SSD


    It sonds like your 1tb hard drive has been partitioned. Unless it's getting full or you want an SSD I wouldn't worry


    I think i go with Samsung F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm + Crucial MX100 SSD. But how does the SSD work? Its like a HDD? What should i store on the ssd and what on the hdd?


    Usually you put Windows on the SSD, and a few programs (or games) where you want them to load fast (like microsoft office, for example). This will make your pc feel more snappy and responsive

    Normal files, folders, movies etc just go on the hard drive.


    And how can i delet all the things and the Windows 7 off my samsung HDD?
  13. Well the cleanest way is to format the hard drive, which wipes everything - so if you're buying another hard drive then copy all your important stuff over before you wipe it as it is very difficult to recover after formatting
  14. LucoTF said:
    Well the cleanest way is to format the hard drive, which wipes everything - so if you're buying another hard drive then copy all your important stuff over before you wipe it as it is very difficult to recover after formatting


    I have an external HDD so i can copy my things. Thanks for your help! :)
  15. LucoTF said:
    Well the cleanest way is to format the hard drive, which wipes everything - so if you're buying another hard drive then copy all your important stuff over before you wipe it as it is very difficult to recover after formatting


    Maybe i change my vga, i found this: GIGABYTE GF GTX760 OC 2GB 256bit DDR5.
    Does it get enough power? And does it fit in a Thermaltake COMMANDER MS-I case??
  16. the xfx 550w will power a GTX 760 no problem

    that card is 295mm length and your case will accept cards up to 320mm length so yes it should fit :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Power Supplies Intel i7 GPU Fan Intel i5 Kingmax CPUs Gigabyte VGA Motherboards GPUs Configuration ASrock