760 SLI vs 780 ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUICEhunter

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
Not in Watch dogs, Titanfall but those games have no official and bad multi-GPU support. Games like Crysis 3 and BF4 yes, so it depends.

You'll be able to tell when you check a performance review of a game if cards like 295x/690/7990 do well you know the game scales well with multiple GPUs games that don't scale well with multi-GPU will loose to the 780ti especially one with a good OC, they are just so fast after some good tuning.

Go for the 780 Ti, it has 3gb of vram whereas the 760 has 2gb, most games are starting to utilise the 3gb of vram and if you go single gpu, you won't have to deal with issues related to sli'ing and some games don't support sli 760 that much anyway so a single 780 ti would be better

Really? Which ones?

Go for a R9 290, and save your money. The 780Ti is for bragging rights, and though it looks good on paper, it only performs a few FPS better then the 780, but costs up to $200 more. The R9 290 costs roughly as much as a 770 4GB, but is on a close par with a 780, your pick.

Oops, I meant to say ' some games don't support sli very well'

I have heard titanfall has problems with utilising sli capability, the witcher, also has bad sli support, also, you get micro stuttering with sli, something a single gpu does not, as well as that, a single gpu is more maintenance free whereas with sli you have to download the latest drivers in order for it to work, and, when new games are released, there is less hassle with single gpu owners having to wait for the latest drivers whereas if you sli, you may have to wait for the latest drivers in order for you to play the game properly, also, if the Op is building a new rig from scratch, then he will have to get a bigger PSU, and maybe have to spend more on a mobo that supports SLi

EDIT : EOS dosen't support sli very well either I think and also dark souls 2

Heard, think? So you are not running an SLi rig and thus have no first hand experience then I assume?

Legend001525

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014
No, but, putting it to another context.. so I can do drugs then? I mean I have not done it, but even though people say it's bad, I should still do it right? Becuase I haven't taken drugs, so I won't be in danger and won't know what to expect? The evidence I have found would suggest that Sli has its disadvantages, or would you say that sli is the best thing ever and that there are no flaws with it

You can do drugs if you like, although from your response I wonder if you haven't already done so.

Legend001525

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014
Ahahaha.... Okay.... :) Also, I have read numerous amount of posts to support my claims that titanfall, eso and dark souls don't support it very well, so are these games ' small time efforts that no one cares about' ? Also, you haven't addressed the issue where I say that single gpu is more maintenance free, or are you willing to argue that sli is more hassle free than single gpu? And, you still haven't said anything where I said the OP would have to soend more money for a bigger psu and maybe more on a sli mobo if they are building the rig from scratch, or were you too busy defending sli to notice?

Legend001525

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014
No, I'm merely highlighting the fact that you have not addressed the other issues I have brought up, so you would say that titanfall and eso and dark souls 2 have good sli support? Or are these games too small for people to care about? Also, not every mobo supports sli so you would suggest getting a mote expensive board so he can sli?

Legend001525

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014
Also, what are you on about? The OP is asking about sli 760 and you say sli 660 power draw? And you think I'm the one taking drugs... Also, at testing, a single 760 drew 150w per card, 300w is more than any single 780 ti, so you are wrong saying that a sli 760 draws less power,

At no point did I say it would use less power. I said the PSU that you would need.

Legend001525

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014
You were talking about the 660.. I have just said that it takes 300w to power sli 760, whereas a 780 ti needs less power, and what are your thoughts on titanfall, eso and dark souls 2 not running very well with sli whereas a single gpu has less trouble in these games?

Your lack of experience and knowledge is really showing when you think that three games are are a reason to avoid SLi.

I'm not saying he should avoid it, I'm just identifying the problems that he could expect to face if he wants to sli

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

You are just spouting incorrect info that you have heard others say and passing it off as fact, without any experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.