6950 to 6970 mod

Why use third party info when you can go directly to the source ;) :http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/159
ATI decided to hardware modify the GPUs to prevent unlocking by laser cutting the shader links, rather than limiting them through the BIOS fairly quickly after the Techpowerup article was released. As a result only those from the first production run and some from the second unlock, yours may be one of the later production parts that won't unlock.
Word of caution if it will unlock: Going for a full 6970 unlock is unwise, the 6950s memory doesn't like running at 6970 settings and can burn out quickly as a result.

It was possible to unlock just the shaders OR to flash the BIOS to run the card as a full 6970, just unlocking the shaders is safe enough, flashing to a full 6970 isn't.
Like I said, the early ones unlocked and most would flash to full 6970 specs-mine did-but later cards had the links to the shaders cut.
All you can do is follow the instructions on the TPU article I linked and see what happens.

XSR

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2012
Sorry, but I think I don't understand you.
I read that, but I don't understand why I can't unlock the shaders in my gpu.
I have seen in the internet that there are some people who unlocked their non-reference 6950 (like dirt 3 version).
when I flash a full BIOS of 6970, I can't reboot my computer. and when I use RBE or CMD to flash 6950 + unlock shaders, the shaders are still 1408 unified.