Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I want to upgrade my PC into a gaming one but I am not sure what I need to get in order to do so.

Last response: in Components
Share
July 26, 2014 5:05:25 PM

My specs AMD Radeon HD 7560D
AMD A8-5500
8GB RAM
I am not very good with PC building and would appreciate it if anyone could explain specifically what I need to get to upgrade this machine. I am also not sure how much it would cost, but if we are looking for a budget, it would be great if the upgrades could cost no more than $200.
Thank you very much for the help!

More about : upgrade gaming order

a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
July 26, 2014 5:56:55 PM

You will need to know what power supply you have.
Brand and model of it and how much amps it provides on the 12V rails first before deciding buying a graphic card for gaming.
m
0
l
July 26, 2014 7:04:37 PM

Well u should buy a graphic card only,other things are just fine! but first of all u have to know what are u'er power supply specs! as suztera already said!
open u'er pc case and capture a pic of u'er power supply paper which is stuck on it,it contains all the info we need about u'er power supply!
then i will further help u.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 27, 2014 1:40:52 AM

Hey dude, you can upgrade your CPU to AMD Fx-6300 {best option so far i find out}
and your graphic card to 1. nvidia geforce gt 640 1gb gdrr5
2. Amd radeon HD 7750
and 3. Amd radeon r7 250 2gb gddr5 if you are at really on tight budget if not
so then 1. Nvidia geforce gtx 750 1GB gddr5 {or Gtx 750 ti}
2. Amd Radeon r7 260 {or 260x }
And dude if you really don't have got better PSU so then go for Geforce GTX 750 { or 750 ti}
if you are really on tight budget so i would say Nvidia Geforce gtx 640 1gb gddr5 will be ok. Good luck
Hope this helped you
m
0
l
July 27, 2014 1:46:33 AM

SHA991 said:
Hey dude, you can upgrade your CPU to AMD Fx-6300 {best option so far i find out}
and your graphic card to 1. nvidia geforce gt 640 1gb gdrr5
2. Amd radeon HD 7750
and 3. Amd radeon r7 250 2gb gddr5 if you are at really on tight budget if not
so then 1. Nvidia geforce gtx 750 1GB gddr5 {or Gtx 750 ti}
2. Amd Radeon r7 260 {or 260x }
And dude if you really don't have got better PSU so then go for Geforce GTX 750 { or 750 ti}
if you are really on tight budget so i would say Nvidia Geforce gtx 640 1gb gddr5 will be ok. Good luck
Hope this helped you


OP can not upgrade to a FX6300 because the A8 is a FM2 socket and the FX6300 is a AM3+

The A8 will not bottle neck the GTX 750ti. I am running the SC version on a Athlon 630 and experiencing no bottleneck issues. if you put a gtx 760 in and you do not have an available PCIe or two 4pin molex connectors you will have to upgrade your PSU as well putting you well over your $200 budget. The GTX 750ti runs about $150 on Newegg right now and will be an easy upgrade for someone with no experience. (upgrading mobo, CPU, and possibly OS will put you way over $200)
m
0
l

Best solution

July 27, 2014 1:52:51 AM

If you only have $200 to spend get a GTX 750 ti it does not require a PSU upgrade since your x16 PCIe slot will provide the required current. IMO any other GPU would be over-kill for that rig. The 750 delivers impressive performance for the price.
Share
July 27, 2014 1:59:23 AM

noob222 said:
SHA991 said:
Hey dude, you can upgrade your CPU to AMD Fx-6300 {best option so far i find out}
and your graphic card to 1. nvidia geforce gt 640 1gb gdrr5
2. Amd radeon HD 7750
and 3. Amd radeon r7 250 2gb gddr5 if you are at really on tight budget if not
so then 1. Nvidia geforce gtx 750 1GB gddr5 {or Gtx 750 ti}
2. Amd Radeon r7 260 {or 260x }
And dude if you really don't have got better PSU so then go for Geforce GTX 750 { or 750 ti}
if you are really on tight budget so i would say Nvidia Geforce gtx 640 1gb gddr5 will be ok. Good luck
Hope this helped you


OP can not upgrade to a FX6300 because the A8 is a FM2 socket and the FX6300 is a FM3+


m
0
l
July 27, 2014 2:13:18 AM

noob222 said:
If you only have $200 to spend get a GTX 750 ti it does not require a PSU upgrade since your x16 PCIe slot will provide the required current. IMO any other GPU would be over-kill for that rig. The 750 delivers impressive performance for the price.


Dude, if you really want to upgrade then go for FX-6300 -
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
and buy a new motherboard with AM3+
if you really don't want to upgrade your motherboard and CPU so put whole of your money on graphic card and buy Geforce gtx 660 or Geforce gtx 760 . Because if you really want to play modern high demanding games like {Crysis3 or watch dogs} so then i would suggest you Geforce GTX 760 and i think your CPU will not gonna bottleneck that Graphic card.
m
0
l
July 27, 2014 9:04:53 AM

Thanks everyone for replying, and I checked the power supply. Unfortunately I think its kinda low, Max. Output Power: 300 W @ 25 degC
260 W @ 50 degC
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
July 27, 2014 10:18:55 AM

Like already said,either get a gtx 750 ti that doesn't need a 6pin power connector or look for something like this,

PCPartPicker part list

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($159.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: be quiet! 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $194.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-27 13:17 EDT-0400

For that gtx 750 ti,
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-n750titf2gd...
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 27, 2014 12:36:11 PM

Or, you could get a G3258 and upgrade your GPU.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
July 27, 2014 1:27:33 PM

TheUsernamed1 said:
Thanks Vic for the links, but right now I was wondering if these two would work to solve my problem.

.

The gpu is fine as this is the one i linked.You probably should be able to use this one with the psu that you have right now.

Don't use that psu!
If you need to buy from best buy get at least this one,
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/antec-basiq-vp450-atx12v-ep...$abcat0507009&cp=1&lp=7#tab=buyingOptions
or if you can choose this one,
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-500-bronze-500w-power-...$abcat0507009&cp=1&lp=15#tab=buyingOptions
m
0
l
July 27, 2014 3:49:06 PM

Vic 40 said:
TheUsernamed1 said:
Thanks Vic for the links, but right now I was wondering if these two would work to solve my problem.

.

The gpu is fine as this is the one i linked.You probably should be able to use this one with the psu that you have right now.

Don't use that psu!
If you need to buy from best buy get at least this one,
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/antec-basiq-vp450-atx12v-ep...$abcat0507009&cp=1&lp=7#tab=buyingOptions
or if you can choose this one,
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-500-bronze-500w-power-...$abcat0507009&cp=1&lp=15#tab=buyingOptions




So the PSU I currently have can handle that graphics card? And the one I gave the link to doesn't need a 6 pin cable? It should just be able to get right in?

m
0
l
July 27, 2014 6:07:06 PM

yes u'er current psu can handle the 750ti that don't requires much power!
no,it don't need 6 pin power connector!
m
0
l
July 27, 2014 7:28:54 PM

Alright, I feel like this thread is getting long enough and I am about to come to a conclusion. But before I ask my last question I just want to thank everyone for the extremely helpful replies. So now I was deciding on getting the MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti card but also saw another one (less good version/older?) and well maybe this one could work better with the PSU I have even though you guys said that the 750 Ti could work fine.
There's this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-geforce-gtx-750-ti-grap...

and this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-geforce-gtx-750-ti-gra...
Also if you guys need it I could post a picture of the PSU sticker so you can see all the info needed to make sure that either card could work with the power I got.
m
0
l
July 27, 2014 8:05:45 PM

TheUsernamed1 said:
Alright, I feel like this thread is getting long enough and I am about to come to a conclusion. But before I ask my last question I just want to thank everyone for the extremely helpful replies. So now I was deciding on getting the MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti card but also saw another one (less good version/older?) and well maybe this one could work better with the PSU I have even though you guys said that the 750 Ti could work fine.
There's this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-geforce-gtx-750-ti-grap...

and this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-geforce-gtx-750-ti-gra...
Also if you guys need it I could post a picture of the PSU sticker so you can see all the info needed to make sure that either card could work with the power I got.


Those are the exact same cards lol

m
0
l
July 27, 2014 8:11:42 PM

noob222 said:
TheUsernamed1 said:
Alright, I feel like this thread is getting long enough and I am about to come to a conclusion. But before I ask my last question I just want to thank everyone for the extremely helpful replies. So now I was deciding on getting the MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti card but also saw another one (less good version/older?) and well maybe this one could work better with the PSU I have even though you guys said that the 750 Ti could work fine.
There's this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-geforce-gtx-750-ti-grap...

and this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-geforce-gtx-750-ti-gra...
Also if you guys need it I could post a picture of the PSU sticker so you can see all the info needed to make sure that either card could work with the power I got.


Those are the exact same cards lol



But different prices. Other than the fans do you mean that they deliver the same performance?

m
0
l
July 27, 2014 8:17:16 PM

TheUsernamed1 said:
noob222 said:
TheUsernamed1 said:
Alright, I feel like this thread is getting long enough and I am about to come to a conclusion. But before I ask my last question I just want to thank everyone for the extremely helpful replies. So now I was deciding on getting the MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti card but also saw another one (less good version/older?) and well maybe this one could work better with the PSU I have even though you guys said that the 750 Ti could work fine.
There's this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-geforce-gtx-750-ti-grap...

and this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-geforce-gtx-750-ti-gra...
Also if you guys need it I could post a picture of the PSU sticker so you can see all the info needed to make sure that either card could work with the power I got.


Those are the exact same cards lol



But different prices. Other than the fans do you mean that they deliver the same performance?


OIC i accidently opened the same link twice. I have the EVGA one except it is the SC version. And I am loving it it is whisper quiet and performs well. AS for the MSI it will possibly run cooler because of the increased heatsink and additional fan, although these cards have absolutely no problem with heat whatsoever.
The MSI is clocked slightly higher out of the box (66Mhz) That is the only difference that I see.
m
0
l
July 27, 2014 8:31:42 PM

noob222 said:
TheUsernamed1 said:
noob222 said:
TheUsernamed1 said:
Alright, I feel like this thread is getting long enough and I am about to come to a conclusion. But before I ask my last question I just want to thank everyone for the extremely helpful replies. So now I was deciding on getting the MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti card but also saw another one (less good version/older?) and well maybe this one could work better with the PSU I have even though you guys said that the 750 Ti could work fine.
There's this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-geforce-gtx-750-ti-grap...

and this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-geforce-gtx-750-ti-gra...
Also if you guys need it I could post a picture of the PSU sticker so you can see all the info needed to make sure that either card could work with the power I got.


Those are the exact same cards lol



But different prices. Other than the fans do you mean that they deliver the same performance?


OIC i accidently opened the same link twice. I have the EVGA one except it is the SC version. And I am loving it it is whisper quiet and performs well. AS for the MSI it will possibly run cooler because of the increased heatsink and additional fan, although these cards have absolutely no problem with heat whatsoever.
The MSI is clocked slightly higher out of the box (66Mhz) That is the only difference that I see.


As long as the EVGA one has the same performance, I think that leaves it as the best choice for my machine. Although I will think about it once again, I appreciate your help a lot.

m
0
l
July 27, 2014 8:38:38 PM

TheUsernamed1 said:
noob222 said:
TheUsernamed1 said:
noob222 said:
TheUsernamed1 said:
Alright, I feel like this thread is getting long enough and I am about to come to a conclusion. But before I ask my last question I just want to thank everyone for the extremely helpful replies. So now I was deciding on getting the MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti card but also saw another one (less good version/older?) and well maybe this one could work better with the PSU I have even though you guys said that the 750 Ti could work fine.
There's this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-geforce-gtx-750-ti-grap...

and this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-geforce-gtx-750-ti-gra...
Also if you guys need it I could post a picture of the PSU sticker so you can see all the info needed to make sure that either card could work with the power I got.


Those are the exact same cards lol



But different prices. Other than the fans do you mean that they deliver the same performance?


OIC i accidently opened the same link twice. I have the EVGA one except it is the SC version. And I am loving it it is whisper quiet and performs well. AS for the MSI it will possibly run cooler because of the increased heatsink and additional fan, although these cards have absolutely no problem with heat whatsoever.
The MSI is clocked slightly higher out of the box (66Mhz) That is the only difference that I see.


As long as the EVGA one has the same performance, I think that leaves it as the best choice for my machine. Although I will think about it once again, I appreciate your help a lot.
NP good luck!



m
0
l
July 27, 2014 9:05:45 PM

Okay so I couldn't keep my promise of not asking any other questions. Since I am thinking about getting http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-geforce-gtx-750-ti-gra... that graphics card, although it should run with the current PSU I have, should I just upgrade my power supply in case I upgrade more stuff in the future or is it good to leave it where it is as of now?
m
0
l
July 27, 2014 9:10:12 PM

TheUsernamed1 said:
Okay so I couldn't keep my promise of not asking any other questions. Since I am thinking about getting http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-geforce-gtx-750-ti-gra... that graphics card, although it should run with the current PSU I have, should I or should I not get another PSU?

If you have the money upgrade your PSU. An aftermarket PSU will last longer and will be more reliable. also it will give you more SATA, MOLEX, PCI, cables for future HDD/SSD, Fan, or GPU upgrade.

m
0
l
July 27, 2014 9:22:16 PM

And I believe the PSU links Vic provided us with should be good?
m
0
l
July 27, 2014 9:34:50 PM

TheUsernamed1 said:
And I believe the PSU links Vic provided us with should be good?

Yeah I recently installed the big brother to the EVGA that he recommended the 600B. There has been some discussion about the low quality capacitors used in these PSUs. Honestly I'm not worried about it, I think that it is just people nitpicking. I like the sleeving on the cables even though it isn't custom individually sleeved I am not building a show system. Also another complaint was that it did not include 4 PCI 6+2 pin cables but honestly I don't see myself running an SLI with this PSU. It is up to you though. I personally know nothing about the others that he mentioned.

m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
July 28, 2014 12:11:56 PM

Looking at the difference in price is the evga the best choice looking at possible upgrades=>2x pcie cable and a few more of the other ones too and they are sleeved cables.
m
0
l
July 28, 2014 12:50:59 PM

Vic 40 said:
Looking at the difference in price is the evga the best choice looking at possible upgrades=>2x pcie cable and a few more of the other ones too and they are sleeved cables.


Hey, I was wondering why the same PSUs here have different prices, since I wasn't able to make out any difference between them.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-500-bronze-500w-power-...;jsessionid=4C1F0283D54E5FD4685F4132C2D92799.bbolsp-app04-141?id=1219045510716&skuId=1017256&st=500w%


http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-500-bronze-500w-power-...;jsessionid=4C1F0283D54E5FD4685F4132C2D92799.bbolsp-app04-141?id=mp1307711712&skuId=1307711712&st=

m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
July 29, 2014 11:39:59 AM

The cheapest one is sold via the "market place",you can hover with the cursor on that link at the right hand top,this will tell you what it means.
m
0
l
July 29, 2014 3:31:30 PM

Oh yeah the marketplace thing. Well I already made my decision and I just want to thank again everyone who replied for the help. Very appreciated and have a good day all of ya!
m
0
l
Related resources
!