Solved

$500 Gaming PC Build

Hello, I need a gaming PC for $500 or $550 dollars, That can run Battlefield 4 at least at medium settings, And I want it for some light video editing, I don't need an OS, just the build, And my preferred merchant is Amazon, I like it to be an AMD Based CPU

Thanks :)
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 500 gaming build
  1. Best answer
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($108.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($89.79 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($68.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270 2GB Dual-X Video Card ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $577.70
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-26 22:50 EDT-0400

    This PC can easily play nearly any game on high settings at a smooth 60fps, or maybe on ultra at 45fps or so. For the money, this is a VERY powerful PC.
    The R9 270 can be easily overclocked to be just as good or better than the R9 270x,
    The motherboard is a very high quality ASUS board that's very good for overclocking.
    The CPU cooler allows for a very good overclock, you can probably get to around 4.5GHZ.
    The HDD is a high quality WD Caviar Blue, this is one of the most reliable drives on the market.
    The PSU is a high quality EVGA PSU.
    The case is one of the very nice new Spec cases from Corsair, these are very well built and have room for up to 6 case fans with 2 included, so you have plenty of room to upgrade the case fans in future. The case also comes with a nice window to display your build.
    The memory is very good quality Team Vulcan memory, which can also be overclocked.
    If you have the cash to upgrade in future, I suggest adding a 120GB or 250GB SSD.

    Edit: Lots and lots of new info.
  2. Can you give me a Graphics Card in Amazon? Because I can't find it in Amazon.
  3. I would not get that EVGA PSU. It is not great. Get an XFX550. MUCH better quality unit.
  4. Really? I was going to use an XFX PSU because of the quality but I assumed since EVGA are generally good quality, that the PSU would be good quality, but apparently not.
    Get a PSU such as this instead:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($57.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $57.98
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-27 09:42 EDT-0400


    Anyway, why amazon? If you use dollars I assume you live in America, so why can't you use sites like newegg?
    The best I can find on amazon is the MSI R9 270, which is just as good, but it costs $30 more than on newegg.
    http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Computer-Corp-270-GAMING/dp/B00GMGGZQE/ref=sr_1_13?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1406468713&sr=1-13&keywords=r9+270
  5. tiny voices said:
    I would not get that EVGA PSU. It is not great. Get an XFX550. MUCH better quality unit.


    That PSU got a 7.8 from Tech Power Up....they are low priced right now bc EVGA is trying to break into the PSU market..>>>Educate yourself...>>>http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/500B/11.html
  6. Darth Rache said:
    tiny voices said:
    I would not get that EVGA PSU. It is not great. Get an XFX550. MUCH better quality unit.


    That PSU got a 7.8 from Tech Power Up....they are low priced right now bc EVGA is trying to break into the PSU market..>>>Educate yourself...>>>http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/500B/11.html


    He didn't say it was terrible, he said it wasn't great. He's correct, it's not. In itself, it's a decent budget offering, but when the Seasonic-built XFX is a few bucks more, it's preferable. There are excellent EVGA PSUs, but that's the Supernova series, which are Super Flower Leadex PSUs.

    As to your snide little comment before the link, physician, heal thyself.
  7. DSzymborski said:
    Darth Rache said:
    tiny voices said:
    I would not get that EVGA PSU. It is not great. Get an XFX550. MUCH better quality unit.


    That PSU got a 7.8 from Tech Power Up....they are low priced right now bc EVGA is trying to break into the PSU market..>>>Educate yourself...>>>http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/500B/11.html


    He didn't say it was terrible, he said it wasn't great. He's correct, it's not. In itself, it's a decent budget offering, but when the Seasonic-built XFX is a few bucks more, it's preferable. There are excellent EVGA PSUs, but that's the Supernova series, which are Super Flower Leadex PSUs.

    As to your snide little comment before the link, physician, heal thyself.


    Yup, please don't make snide comments when you didn't even read what he said correctly. He didn't say it was bad, he said there were better options.
    Don't be condescending.
  8. My bad, Tiny voices, and all i apologize for the snide comment.
  9. Its all good man. EVGA makes some great units, but the B series are is just not one of them. Similar to Corsair. They make some VERY good units (HX, TX, AX) but also some average ones (RM, CSM), and some poor ones (CX).
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Build Systems