Solved

Which RAM will work on my laptop and which is the best for me to consider?

42 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ram work laptop
  1. Does it say if it is upgradeable? and if you dont wish to upgrade later then you should get 2x4gb rather than 1x8gb (check here http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1706667/ram-combo-2x4gb-4x2gb-1x8gb-system.html) and you can get this one if your motherboard supports it(http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-vengeance-ddr3-4-gb-1-x-gb-pc-ram-cmz4gx3m1a1600c9/p/itmd2rypbx4eehaf?pid=RAMD2RYPMVWCEK6E&srno=b_1&ref=d8937954-aa05-4cb2-8c32-8e533e68d640)(need your laptop specs)
  2. Its better 2x4 but i can't see the pictures....
  3. Best answer
  4. Yes you can still use two of these but corsair are just better...
  5. RadiKing222 said:
    Yes you can still use two of these but corsair are just better...


    how?
  6. buster88 said:


    Yes you can get that also if you wanna save some bucks but i would suggest to go for the corsair one
  7. Shantanu Ghose said:
    buster88 said:


    Yes you can get that also if you wanna save some bucks but i would suggest to go for the corsair one


    Yup!
  8. Corsair is better known company and makes products with better quality than JetRam...
  9. RadiKing222 said:
    Corsair is better known company and makes products with better quality than JetRam...

    so it will give me better performance than JetRam? and will that performance be noticeable?
  10. buster88 said:


    the only difference i can see so far is some difference in the latency thing (no knowledge about that) and that the costlier one has auto overclocking feature in it
  11. its the same thing 4GB The first one is just one stick 4GB and the second is 4 sticks with 1GB on each... Usually its better to take 2x2(2 sticks with 2GB on each ) for example than 1x4(one stick with 4GB) but in this case i might be better to take the stick with the 4GB (second choise)...
  12. Go for the cheaper one
  13. And like I said its better to take 2 of those who are 1x4(1 stick with 4GB) and you will have 8GB
  14. And one last question will any of these RAMs will work with my stock RAM? As, I cannot but 2 RAMs at the moment little short on my cash, so can I buy 1 by 1 or I will have to buy together?
  15. Shantanu Ghose said:


    Yes!
  16. Shantanu Ghose said:


    So I can buy the other one later but its better that my laptop runs on the same (exact copy) RAM.
    Right?
  17. Yes
  18. buster88 said:
    Shantanu Ghose said:


    So I can buy the other one later but its better that my laptop runs on the same (exact copy) RAM.
    Right?


    Exactly,,yes,,,so its totally upon you
  19. Also what is the meaning of this "DDR3 SDRAM Memory"
  20. Its the type of RAM...For now there are almost only DDR3 so don't worry about it.
  21. buster88 said:
    Also what is the meaning of this "DDR3 SDRAM Memory"


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR3_SDRAM

    DDR3 and DDR3 SDRAM are the same http://www.pchelpforum.com/threads/ddr3-or-ddr3-sdram.115082/
  22. No problem I'm glad I could help! :)
  23. buster88 said:


    You are very much welcome :wahoo:
    Enjoy and mark this thread as solved :D
  24. Shantanu Ghose said:
    buster88 said:


    You are very much welcome :wahoo:
    Enjoy and mark this thread as solved :D


    Yes :D
  25. Ok :D
  26. RadiKing222 said:
    Ok :D


    hey man,,his current RAM is a DDR3l model with 1.35 V,,and the one that he is going to buy is a 1.5 V,,will it be a problem?
  27. He chose you for SOLUTION...YOU ANSWER!!!!
  28. RadiKing222 said:
    He chose you for SOLUTION...YOU ANSWER!!!!


    Are you mad at me or something bro?? :??:
  29. YES!!
  30. RadiKing222 said:
    YES!!


    I am sorry?
  31. :D I'm kidding bro :D :D :D
  32. About the RAM and the different voltages i don't think there will be a problem.
  33. RadiKing222 said:
    About the RAM and the different voltages i don't think there will be a problem.


    okay Phew! i googled a bit and found out that mobo voltage can only be set to one voltage,,so in this case its gotta be 1.35 V or 1.5 V,,,so he has to get 2 of the corsair RAMs and run them 2gether right?
  34. It looks like it...
  35. RadiKing222 said:
    It looks like it...


    Thanks Man :D
  36. Yea a lot of help...
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops RAM Notebooks Compatibility