Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

What kind of RAM M5a97 Le r2.0 support?

Tags:
  • Support
  • RAM
  • Motherboards
  • Memory
Last response: in Motherboards
July 28, 2014 3:20:12 PM

What kind of RAM M5a97 Le r2.0 support?

More about : kind ram m5a97 support

a c 203 V Motherboard
a b } Memory
July 28, 2014 3:27:54 PM

DDR3
m
0
l
Related resources
July 28, 2014 3:31:20 PM

I bought couple DDR3 it won't support them. When I put them in the system won't even boot.
m
0
l
a c 203 V Motherboard
a b } Memory
July 28, 2014 3:32:57 PM

Tchenqeq said:
I bought couple DDR3 it won't support them.


How doesn't it support them?
m
0
l
a c 3785 V Motherboard
a c 455 } Memory
July 28, 2014 3:36:53 PM

What ram make and specs?
m
0
l
July 28, 2014 3:38:09 PM

getochkn said:
Tchenqeq said:
I bought couple DDR3 it won't support them.


How doesn't it support them?


when I try to turn on the power, nothing display on the monither. But when I plug in my old DDR2, it works normally.
m
0
l
a c 333 V Motherboard
a b } Memory
July 28, 2014 3:39:20 PM

Tchenqeq said:
getochkn said:
Tchenqeq said:
I bought couple DDR3 it won't support them.


How doesn't it support them?


when I try to turn on the power, nothing display on the monither. But when I plug in my old DDR2, it works normally.


DDR2 doesn't work with that board, are you sure about the model of your motherboard?
m
0
l
July 28, 2014 3:42:39 PM

Eduello said:
Tchenqeq said:
getochkn said:
Tchenqeq said:
I bought couple DDR3 it won't support them.


How doesn't it support them?


when I try to turn on the power, nothing display on the monither. But when I plug in my old DDR2, it works normally.


DDR2 doesn't work with that board, are you sure about the model of your motherboard?


yea Asus M5a97 le R2.0. the older ram I have is also DDR3 but it is only 2G.

m
0
l
a c 3785 V Motherboard
a c 455 } Memory
July 28, 2014 3:44:27 PM

4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 2133(O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz ECC, Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
m
0
l
a c 3785 V Motherboard
a c 455 } Memory
July 28, 2014 3:44:46 PM

You aren't mixing the old with the new are you.
m
0
l
a c 333 V Motherboard
a b } Memory
July 28, 2014 3:44:47 PM

Exact models of your old and new RAM?
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 3785 V Motherboard
a c 455 } Memory
July 28, 2014 3:47:47 PM

That's server memory it's not compatible with your board..SORRY.

You need Non-ECC memory modules.

Server memory is ECC Registered , not compatible. :( 
Share
a c 333 V Motherboard
a b } Memory
July 28, 2014 3:49:29 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
That's server memory it's not compatible with your board..SORRY.


Yep, the board only takes non-ECC memory :( 
m
0
l
a c 3785 V Motherboard
a c 455 } Memory
July 28, 2014 3:51:48 PM

You can't use ECC on your board , you need non ECC DDR3 compatible modules.

That is server memory.


m
0
l
July 28, 2014 3:54:00 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
That's server memory it's not compatible with your board..SORRY.

You need Non-ECC memory modules.

Server memory is ECC Registered , not compatible. :( 


thx btw is it possible for you to to send me a link of something that would work with the motherboard. because this is the first time I try to build a PC.
m
0
l
July 28, 2014 3:54:12 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
You can't use ECC on your board , you need non ECC DDR3 compatible modules.

That is server memory.




THX.
m
0
l
a c 3785 V Motherboard
a c 455 } Memory
July 28, 2014 3:54:42 PM

Your very welcome , sorry it had to be bad news.
m
0
l
July 28, 2014 3:56:57 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Your very welcome , sorry it had to be bad news.


yea it is the first time I try to build a computer. But it is a good lesson.And also can you please help me find a ram that could work on my motherboard from Amazon or Ebay?
m
0
l