300 mps Wifi Card Being Slow

IGCJT

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
So my new PC arrived in the post today. I have set it all up, but the wifi on my PC is being very slow. On my laptop I get all the bars, but on my pc I get 2 - 3. This worries me as the card was 300 mps. Also I need this for gaming and ping will be bad.

I have put both of the antenna on the slots on the back of the PCI E wifi card. I have tried pointing them in different directions but still nothing. I also installed all the windows update's, all my motherboard drivers, and my wifi drivers. But still slow. The only thing I can think of is that the antenna are obscured by the case.

Any help would be seriously amazing cause I have been waiting for the pc for ages now.

Thanks James

Solution
"On my laptop I get all the bars, but on my pc I get 2 - 3"

The number of bars showing on the wifi icon indicate the strength of the wireless signal, nothing to do with it's speed.

The position of the wifi card antenna behind your PC (usually up against a wall and low down) may well be hampering the strength & range of the signal. Try a USB wireless adapter but remove the card one before you try to use the USB one otherwise they will cause a resource conflict.

Look for a USB wireless adapter which is supplied with a USB extension cradle for the adapter so you can sit it on top of your computer desk instead of having it plugged in lower down on the computer case.
"On my laptop I get all the bars, but on my pc I get 2 - 3"

The number of bars showing on the wifi icon indicate the strength of the wireless signal, nothing to do with it's speed.

The position of the wifi card antenna behind your PC (usually up against a wall and low down) may well be hampering the strength & range of the signal. Try a USB wireless adapter but remove the card one before you try to use the USB one otherwise they will cause a resource conflict.

Look for a USB wireless adapter which is supplied with a USB extension cradle for the adapter so you can sit it on top of your computer desk instead of having it plugged in lower down on the computer case.

Solution