My 2007 HP w2408

LNS-Front242-T3

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
Hello All - I have a monitor that I bought back in 2007, it's an HP w2408 and it didn't come with an HDMI input. My question is this - It just started this 2 days ago - after about 20mins and after it's heated up some - it goes to sleep on it's own, and I haven't changed or added any new hardware or software to my desktop in years( except for changing over from Win XP Pro 64Bit to Win 7 Pro 64Bit - 5 years ago). It still has a great picture that is crisp and clear and well definded and the menu screen works great too, and I have never used the on board speakers at all since I bought it. "Thanks to All" in advance who respond, and "Thanks to All" for your time in helping me....

LNS-Front242-T3

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
Hello - My desktop is a Dell XPS 710 H 2C Edition "Black Ice" gaming PC, that came with a 20" 2007WFP monitor and Dell AS501 flat-panel speakers (my older son has these items). I tested my desktop for 2 hours using my younger sons Acer AL2002W monitor, and it works and picture is clear and it didn't shut off or go to sleep while using it (playing Need for Speed). I hooked my desktop back to the HP monitor and got to play NoveLogic's DFX2 for around 30mins (before it went into sleep mode again), and now the turn on/off button keeps blinking blue to orange and the monitor makes a clicking sound. I also borrowed a hand held Infra Red thermal meter from my next door neighbor to check the monitors temps, to which this HP monitor stays at or around 109 degrees Fahrenheit. My neighbor also thought it to be wise to use his air compressor, to blow out any dust bunnies that may be living into the monitors case (not much dust came flying out of it). He is trying to figure out what's going on with this thing, as he is a (RET) electrician from GE and (RET) Tech from Cisco Systems. Let me know what more info you may need, and I will try and get it for you - Thanks for your reply's.

LNS-Front242-T3

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
Hello Again - Still having some problems with this monitor(my neighbor gave up). I took the monitor apart 8/07/2014 after finding a video on how too, and removed the on/off switch board and the monitor control switch board(both had 3 pin connectors) like it showed. I then brushed and cleaned them with some CRC QD Electronics Cleaner and the monitors connectors too(like video said too), along with using my next door neighbors air compressor again. I then cleaned them again the same way, dried off(using air compressor) and then re-hooked the switches, and before I put the monitor back together - I hooked it back up to my computer. I played a few games of cards and sent a few e-mails for about 3 hours and nothing happened, it didn't go into sleep mode and my monitor controls worked like new again and no more clicking noise or blue/orange blinking power button either.

Well, Now last night 8/15/2014 it started doing the same thing again, after about 20mins it goes into sleep mode and the power button doing it's thing again. Should I buy new switch boards? And if so, where can I buy new ones? HP is "NO HELP" what so ever, and still have not gotten a return e-mail from them and their phones are always busy. Thanks to all who reply.....

LNS-Front242-T3

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
I finally broke down a week ago and ordered both new PCB boards, for the on/off button and the monitor control switches. I received in 2 days and installed both new part, and I plugged it in and it started right up. Played a few card games, read e-mail & surfed the web, then played a few hours of Novalogics Delta Force FX2 for ruffly 5 hours. No problems at all now and the on/off button doesn't blink from blue to orange anymore, and the volume control doesn't pop up on the screen either - which was annoying as all. Nothing was wrong with my desktop just the monitor was giving me grief, and thanks Jak Atackka & reedo_43 for your help....