Solved

Is my PSU a true 750W PSU?

Here's my PSU: http://www.sentey.com/en/erp750-pm

Thanks in advance!
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about psu true 750w psu
  1. If it says it's a 750 watt power supply, then I would say it's exactly that. I'd say 95% of computer companies aren't out there to trick you and steal your money.
  2. Nope, it can only output 600W on the 12V rail.
  3. Yes, it's technically a 750W PSU. The way the output is split it can output 600W on the 12v rail.
  4. Best answer
    ItIsSmooth said:
    Here's my PSU: http://www.sentey.com/en/erp750-pm

    Thanks in advance!


    Hi - While it is a 750w unit, the +12v rail(s) output of 50 +12v amps is typical of a good quality
    650w PSU. CPU, GPU, HDD's, etc all draw their current from the +12v rail(s). But, unless
    you are SLI/CF two high end GPU's you have plenty of +12v amps available.
    Contrary to a statement above, they're are a lot of PSU brands that do trick, exaggerate,
    and outright lie about their power specs, protection features, and more.
  5. Sentey power supplies are mostly poor and the labeled specs aren't right.
  6. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Sentey power supplies are mostly poor and the labeled specs aren't right.


    Not an accurate statement. Sentey's Platinum Power, Golden Steel, Hard Blue,
    and Solid Power series are all good to very good. All OEM'd by Super Flower, and each series has
    (except Hard Blue) at least one (some more) very good review from Hardware Secrets or JG.
  7. SENTEY or SEASONIC or SUPER FLOWER

    99% would choose the second two that begin with S.
  8. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    SENTEY or SEASONIC or SUPER FLOWER

    99% would choose the second two that begin with S.


    All of the Sentey series I listed are mfg'd by Super Flower and have positive reiviews
    from HW Secrets and JG.

    So, are you saying the EVGA PSU's mfg by Superflower aren't worthy?
  9. Adam Hubbard said:
    If it says it's a 750 watt power supply, then I would say it's exactly that. I'd say 95% of computer companies aren't out there to trick you and steal your money.


    If only that were true. When it comes to power supplies, there's a ton of mislabeled, ineffective, junk that's notorious for not being able to handle the promised wattage, let alone doing so safely.
  10. Sentey's a real mixed bag. There's a lot of newer stuff that's solid, but there's a bunch that are budget Super Flowers (the Super Flowers we usually talk about are their higher end stuff) that use mediocre capacitors.
  11. Thanks guys, Only really needed 600 under full :P
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components sentey PC gaming