212+ works with FM2?

G

my cpu is the A10-6700 socket FM2 would the cooler master hyper 212 PLUS work with it?

Solution
According to the specs, it's perfectly compatible with your chip socket and the A10-6700. And I can tell you for a fact that the cooler will fit into an R4 and there's plenty of room behind the board for installation. The one I just installed went into the same case.

There's a universal back plate that attaches to the back of the motherboard and a retention plate that secures the tower to the front of your motherboard. The various options for screw placement depend on the chip socket type. The instructions cover it pretty well (I'm looking at them right now - I just installed one on my wife's PC a couple of days ago).

You're looking to install it on the Asus M11BB from your other thread, correct? If so, you can google "hyper 212+ back plate" and select images. It will show you what I'm talking about. You'll want to compare the setup with the back of your motherboard to make sure it will all fit without running into obstructions.

If you're done with your side-panel/HDD removal thread, you may want to go back and select a best answer so it doesn't keep showing up on searches as unsolved.

G

if i am correct the 212+ came out in 2010 or 2009 back when fm2 wasnt out so they didnt include that its compadible with APU's and Fm2 because they werent out yet. If i am right tell me so i can be sure that when i move my motherboard to my define r4 it will work. Thanks alot.

According to the specs, it's perfectly compatible with your chip socket and the A10-6700. And I can tell you for a fact that the cooler will fit into an R4 and there's plenty of room behind the board for installation. The one I just installed went into the same case.

Solution
G

Thank you! I was about to rage so hard. The cooler should be coming today. Also if you know how i should attach the anti-static wrist band to the r4 because all the metal is painted. I was thinking about attaching the wrist strap end thing were the clip is to a screw. do you think that will work?

That will work.