Solved

No Display with New Installed Graphics Card

After installing a new 1GB radeon HD 5450 (I know it's bad, but it's better than a 2400) my monitor/display won't come up with anything, it's completely black and yes it's properly plugged in and all. I've read about BIOS and how you need to disable onboard graphics but I don't see how it's possible if there's no display?
24 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about display installed graphics card
  1. Best answer
    Did you install the latest drivers for your card?
    If not, enable integrated graphics, connect monitor to motherboard, install the driver, restart, go to bios and disable integrated graphics, and hit F10 to save and exit.
  2. When I plug the cord into the motherboard slot it still doesn't come up with anything.
  3. Does the same happen if you remove the card completely?
  4. That was the problem yes, sorry bout that, I am quite a noob when It comes to this. I'll try your solution from before.
  5. Btw, do I need to uninstall the older drivers?
  6. Oh, ok. If you have old drivers, you need to remove them, and to do it properly. But this is only if you had another Dedicated GPU.
    This does not apply to the integrated GPU.

    For AMD GPS: http://www.overclock.net/t/988215/how-to-remove-your-amd-ati-gpu-drivers
    For Nvidia GPU: http://www.overclock.net/t/1150443/how-to-remove-your-nvidia-gpu-drivers
  7. Have you checked all the requirements and all? Your system may not support it.
    Another thing to try is look for BIOS updates for your PC.
    If none of that works try it on another PC to check if it is faulty or not, you will probably be able to refund if so.
    I'm currently in your situation too, I however have no on-board graphics and none of the solutions I've mentioned works for me, but have for others :(
    I have yet to test it to see if it is faulty or not though.. I'll get to that soon haha. Well, at least your not alone! :)
  8. uNi7VFX said:
    Have you checked all the requirements and all? Your system may not support it.
    Another thing to try is look for BIOS updates for your PC.
    If none of that works try it on another PC to check if it is faulty or not, you will probably be able to refund if so.
    I'm currently in your situation too, I however have no on-board graphics and none of the solutions I've mentioned works for me, but have for others :(
    I have yet to test it to see if it is faulty or not though.. I'll get to that soon haha. Well, at least your not alone! :)


    Yup, everything is fine for it. I guess I should be glad to have on-board graphics, I didn't even know I had them until now. Have you tried installing an older graphics card that you used before then doing all the steps from there? Just a suggestion.
  9. Meerkat05 said:
    uNi7VFX said:
    Have you checked all the requirements and all? Your system may not support it.
    Another thing to try is look for BIOS updates for your PC.
    If none of that works try it on another PC to check if it is faulty or not, you will probably be able to refund if so.
    I'm currently in your situation too, I however have no on-board graphics and none of the solutions I've mentioned works for me, but have for others :(
    I have yet to test it to see if it is faulty or not though.. I'll get to that soon haha. Well, at least your not alone! :)


    Yup, everything is fine for it. I guess I should be glad to have on-board graphics, I didn't even know I had them until now. Have you tried installing an older graphics card that you used before then doing all the steps from there? Just a suggestion.


    Yeh haha wow I'm supposed to be helping you here :P
  10. Pr3di said:
    Oh, ok. If you have old drivers, you need to remove them, and to do it properly. But this is only if you had another Dedicated GPU.
    This does not apply to the integrated GPU.

    For AMD GPS: http://www.overclock.net/t/988215/how-to-remove-your-amd-ati-gpu-drivers
    For Nvidia GPU: http://www.overclock.net/t/1150443/how-to-remove-your-nvidia-gpu-drivers


    Okay, so I unistalled them properly, now I shall do what you said.
  11. uNi7VFX said:
    Meerkat05 said:
    uNi7VFX said:
    Have you checked all the requirements and all? Your system may not support it.
    Another thing to try is look for BIOS updates for your PC.
    If none of that works try it on another PC to check if it is faulty or not, you will probably be able to refund if so.
    I'm currently in your situation too, I however have no on-board graphics and none of the solutions I've mentioned works for me, but have for others :(
    I have yet to test it to see if it is faulty or not though.. I'll get to that soon haha. Well, at least your not alone! :)


    Yup, everything is fine for it. I guess I should be glad to have on-board graphics, I didn't even know I had them untilnow. Have you tried installing an older graphics card that you used before then doing all the steps from there? Just a suggestion.


    Yeh haha wow I'm supposed to be helping you here :P


    Haha, sorry it was just something I considered before and thought it may help you. Besides it's good to provide extra help for anyone else looking for help :)
  12. im currently in this situation. i have a10 7850k, 620w m12ii, gigabyte a88xmhd3, 8gb 2133 gskill,
    i just got an HIS 280x (got it for a very good deal).

    since ima noobie, i intalled the gpu right away, withouth uninstalling anything. turned it off then when i tried to turn it on it wont boot. googled abt why it wont boot, says "disable onboard graphics". i restarted my pc, got into bios and disabled the onboard.
    the next thing i did was put the 280x back in, still wont boot. put it back out, put it back in.

    so my problem now is. how will i turn back my onboard graphics back on without the display??? PLEASE HELP!
  13. 1. Remove card.
    2. Clear CMOS by removing the battery on the motherboard for about 1 minute.
    3. Remove all old GPU drivers, if any.
    4. Connect the card and start the PC still with on-board graphics, in order to only install the drivers. At this stage, the monitor is still connected to the mobo.
    5. Boot up PC, go into bios and disable integrated graphics, save and shut down.
    6. Move the monitor cable from mobo to GPU.
    7. Start up the PC, and report back here if still not working.
  14. i dont have a display with the card, and without the card. im stuck. i removed the battery already. pc wont boot with the 280x, pc boots with apu but with no display.
  15. Ok, so after removing the card, and removing the mobo battery, you did connect the monitor to the motherboard video output, right?
  16. Pr3di said:
    1. Remove card.
    2. Clear CMOS by removing the battery on the motherboard for about 1 minute.
    3. Remove all old GPU drivers, if any.
    4. Connect the card and start the PC still with on-board graphics, in order to only install the drivers. At this stage, the monitor is still connected to the mobo.
    5. Boot up PC, go into bios and disable integrated graphics, save and shut down.
    6. Move the monitor cable from mobo to GPU.
    7. Start up the PC, and report back here if still not working.


    I can't put in the card to install the drivers cause of the black screen thing? Am I just really stupid or something? And yes it's connected to the mobo port.
  17. same. its connected to the mobo port.
  18. Ok, let`s try something else:

    1. Turn off the computer and unplug
    2. Remove Graphic card
    3. Plug the monitor to your video output
    4. Turn on the computer
    5. Click on start and type msconfig
    6. Select the Boot tab and click on the box that says Safe boot with minimal selected.
    7. Apply then click ok.
    8. DO NOT RESTART.
    9. Shut Down computer and unplug
    10. Install Graphic card
    11. Turn on the computer (should boot into safe mode)
    12. Go into Device Manager
    13. Expand Display Adapter
    14. Disable the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 driver. (DO NOT UNINSTALL)
    15. Click the start button and type msconfig
    16. Unclick Safe boot
    17. Restart
  19. Hmm, doesn't seem to work for me. Turned on safe mode and everything, but still turns out to be a blank screen. I might just leave it for now and ask a friend to have a look at. Thanks for the help anyway.
  20. Ok guys. In this case, try to update your Bios, if a newer version is available.
    If you can start the PC in Safe Mode, check your motherboard version, and then check online if you have a newer version.
    Id yes, flash the new Bios version: http://www.wikihow.com/Update-Your-Computer's-BIOS
  21. DUDE, REMOVE THE BATTERY FOR A MINUTE OR TWO! IT WORKED WITH MINE! then try booting it up with just 1 ram. :) hope this would help you!
  22. portyporr said:
    DUDE, REMOVE THE BATTERY FOR A MINUTE OR TWO! IT WORKED WITH MINE! then try booting it up with just 1 ram. :) hope this would help you!


    So you didn`t try this before?
    I already mentioned this earlier in the thread :D

    Glad everything is working now!
  23. Pr3di said:
    portyporr said:
    DUDE, REMOVE THE BATTERY FOR A MINUTE OR TWO! IT WORKED WITH MINE! then try booting it up with just 1 ram. :) hope this would help you!


    So you didn`t try this before?
    I already mentioned this earlier in the thread :D

    Glad everything is working now!


    i did but just for a second and put it back right away. tried leaving it out for a minute and it worked! thank you!

    now im just looking for threads on how to properly install a new gpu on an apu. -_-
  24. portyporr said:
    DUDE, REMOVE THE BATTERY FOR A MINUTE OR TWO! IT WORKED WITH MINE! then try booting it up with just 1 ram. :) hope this would help you!


    Dammit resetting the CMOS on a Dell Precision is so complicated I don't even want to try :(
    http://www.manualslib.com/manual/506628/Dell-Precision-490-Desktop.html?page=21
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Displays