Solved

will r9 270 overclocked run games now and then smoothly? (more than 30 fps)

I thought of r9 280 but then I thought it was kind of expensive so I wanted to step down a notch.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 270 overclocked run games smoothly fps
  1. yes certainly more than 30 fps, i would guess it will dip into 40's and hang around the 55's at 1080p with newer games. i dont think it will struggle at all with most games though, granted the right settings are in place.
  2. Over 30 FPS? Definitely. If you want to max out AAA games you'll be sitting around 30-40 or so with some of the more intensive games at 1080p. Go with a R9 270X if you feel that the R9 280 is a bit much. It also depends on what games you'll be playing. Then we'll be able to give you a more accurate answer on FPS.
  3. Might be worth stepping up to a 270X? Not a heck of a lot of gain, but there's some a for a small price bump.
  4. The Letter Mu said:
    Over 30 FPS? Definitely. If you want to max out AAA games you'll be sitting around 30-40 or so with some of the more intensive games at 1080p. Go with a R9 270X if you feel that the R9 280 is a bit much. It also depends on what games you'll be playing. Then we'll be able to give you a more accurate answer on FPS.

I'll be playing like BF4 Ultra and Watch dogs and all with like maximum settings
  5. Harley the rookie said:
    The Letter Mu said:
    Over 30 FPS? Definitely. If you want to max out AAA games you'll be sitting around 30-40 or so with some of the more intensive games at 1080p. Go with a R9 270X if you feel that the R9 280 is a bit much. It also depends on what games you'll be playing. Then we'll be able to give you a more accurate answer on FPS.

I'll be playing like BF4 Ultra and Watch dogs and all with like maximum settings

I'd get the r9 280 still, r9 270 doesn't do well at ultra

R9 280 is a lot better, I believe it's the wiser choice since r9 270 is more of a budget friendly card.

When you mean maxium settings, do you also mean with AA maxed out too?
  6. Maximum settings on Watch Dogs and BF4 would definitely require an R9 280 or better. I have a GTX 770 and am running Watch Dogs near max with a 4670k. What CPU do you have and what exactly is the most you'd spend for a GPU?
  7. Harley the rookie said:
    The Letter Mu said:

the CPU matters a lot too with those games, you cant just slap any GPU onto a CPU and expect glory. what are you running?
  8. Beezy said:
    Harley the rookie said:
    The Letter Mu said:

the CPU matters a lot too with those games, you cant just slap any GPU onto a CPU and expect glory. what are you running?

AMD fx-8350 but i'll overclock it
  9. That CPU should be fine even up to an R9 290x. I'd definitely wait a little to save for a 280. You'll run both of those on maximum settings.
  10. Best answer
    Harley the rookie said:
    Beezy said:
    Harley the rookie said:
    The Letter Mu said:

AMD fx-8350 but i'll overclock it

you should have no problems then
Ask a new question

Read More

Games FPS Graphics