Solved

What power supply should i buy for my new PC?

I'm planning on construction my own Desktop, i'm going to use intel core i7 4790k, gtx 780 ti 3gb, 8gb ram, and still don't know yet for the mother board, but let's say ASUS Z97, and a Cosair h100i 77.0 cfm liquid CPU cooler, what power supply should i buy? by that i mean, how many watts and what brand and also what type of power supply for the brand? please notice that i'd rather have an unexpensive power suplpy, but i want it good and reliable, just not expensive with unnecessary specifications :P

THANKS! ^_^
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power supply buy
  1. minimum requirement is 600 watts
  2. Two questions. Do you foresee adding a 2nd GTX 780 Ti in SLI in the future? Do you have a max budget?

    This is a good unit for the system as is with plenty of headroom.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438017
  3. Get the CS 550, its a gold rated PSU by corsair. Looks good and will provide enough power for your system and then some.
  4. clutchc said:
    Two questions. Do you foresee adding a 2nd GTX 780 Ti in SLI in the future? Do you have a max budget.


    Thanks alot for replying.
    No, i don't see any use of adding another graphics card of the same type, when i can just get another better one , right ;) ?
    and i'd prefer if it wasn't expensive, like 100$-150$, but still good, and doesn't have bad sides.

    Thanks again <3
  5. try the Seasonic one,,they build good PSUs,,Coolermaster is good too
  6. Shantanu Ghose said:
    try the Seasonic one,,they build good PSUs,,Coolermaster is good too


    thanks for replying.
    that is not enough info :\, even if i go for coolermaster, what should i pick, what type and how many watts?
    thanks again :)
  7. UnlimitedVelocity said:
    Shantanu Ghose said:
    try the Seasonic one,,they build good PSUs,,Coolermaster is good too


    thanks for replying.
    that is not enough info :\, even if i go for coolermaster, what should i pick, what type and how many watts?
    thanks again :)


    Like bluemoon said,600-650w will be enough,,and i would personally suggest the seasonic one(link above),,they are great!!!
  8. UnlimitedVelocity said:
    Shantanu Ghose said:
    try the Seasonic one,,they build good PSUs,,Coolermaster is good too


    thanks for replying.
    that is not enough info :\, even if i go for coolermaster, what should i pick, what type and how many watts?
    thanks again :)


    I would not invest my money on any Cooler master PSU. Same goes for Corsair VS series, I would get a Seasonic S12II 520/620.

    http://www.flipkart.com/seasonic-s12ii-520-watts-psu/p/itmd5xz5hzvzt9cx?pid=PSUD5XZ4KFH65H9E&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=seasonic+s12ii+520&ref=37fb8602-350b-47d0-a3f7-2806dcba3148

    http://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-S12II-520-BRONZE-SS-520GB/dp/B003M2YQYO
  9. Bluemoon_9 said:


    are you sure 650W is enough? some ppl recommended me to always get 1000W, should i? or 650W is enough? if neither, what should i go with?
  10. UnlimitedVelocity said:
    Bluemoon_9 said:


    are you sure 650W is enough? some ppl recommended me to always get 1000W, should i? or 650W is enough? if neither, what should i go with?


    Yeah man 650w is enough,,you can check their website too,,dont worry,,,btw what is your card's brand?
  11. And yes,,like bluemoon,,i would also say go for Seasonic
  12. Shantanu Ghose said:
    UnlimitedVelocity said:
    Bluemoon_9 said:


    are you sure 650W is enough? some ppl recommended me to always get 1000W, should i? or 650W is enough? if neither, what should i go with?


    Yeah man 650w is enough,,you can check their website too,,dont worry,,,btw what is your card's brand?


    it is GTX 780 Ti 3GB.
  13. UnlimitedVelocity said:
    Shantanu Ghose said:
    UnlimitedVelocity said:
    Bluemoon_9 said:


    are you sure 650W is enough? some ppl recommended me to always get 1000W, should i? or 650W is enough? if neither, what should i go with?


    Yeah man 650w is enough,,you can check their website too,,dont worry,,,btw what is your card's brand?


    it is GTX 780 Ti 3GB.


    No i mean Geforce or EVGA??
  14. Best answer
    For a system using a single GeForce GTX 780 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 600 Watt or greater system power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 42 Amps or greater and that has at least one 75 Watt 6-pin and one 150 Watt 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors. There are some non-reference design cards that require two 150 Watt 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors. (Minimum system power requirement based on a PC configured with an Intel Core i7 3.2GHz 130 Watt TDP processor.)
  15. Shantanu Ghose said:
    UnlimitedVelocity said:
    Shantanu Ghose said:
    UnlimitedVelocity said:
    Bluemoon_9 said:


    are you sure 650W is enough? some ppl recommended me to always get 1000W, should i? or 650W is enough? if neither, what should i go with?


    Yeah man 650w is enough,,you can check their website too,,dont worry,,,btw what is your card's brand?


    it is GTX 780 Ti 3GB.


    No i mean Geforce or EVGA??

    isn't that the exact same thing?
    if u look here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=geforce+gtx+780+ti&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ageforce+gtx+780+ti
    you will see that it's one name :P.
  16. UnlimitedVelocity said:
    Shantanu Ghose said:
    UnlimitedVelocity said:
    Shantanu Ghose said:
    UnlimitedVelocity said:
    Bluemoon_9 said:


    are you sure 650W is enough? some ppl recommended me to always get 1000W, should i? or 650W is enough? if neither, what should i go with?


    Yeah man 650w is enough,,you can check their website too,,dont worry,,,btw what is your card's brand?


    it is GTX 780 Ti 3GB.


    No i mean Geforce or EVGA??

    isn't that the exact same thing?
    if u look here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=geforce+gtx+780+ti&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ageforce+gtx+780+ti
    you will see that it's one name :P.



    Okay then,,get a 650w PSU and you will be fine,,,they say that on thier website too http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-780-ti/specifications
  17. Shantanu Ghose said:
    UnlimitedVelocity said:
    Shantanu Ghose said:
    UnlimitedVelocity said:
    Shantanu Ghose said:
    UnlimitedVelocity said:
    Bluemoon_9 said:


    are you sure 650W is enough? some ppl recommended me to always get 1000W, should i? or 650W is enough? if neither, what should i go with?
    thanks man.

    Yeah man 650w is enough,,you can check their website too,,dont worry,,,btw what is your card's brand?


    it is GTX 780 Ti 3GB.


    No i mean Geforce or EVGA??

    isn't that the exact same thing?
    if u look here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=geforce+gtx+780+ti&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ageforce+gtx+780+ti
    you will see that it's one name :P.



    Okay then,,get a 650w PSU and you will be fine,,,they say that on thier website too http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-780-ti/specifications
Ask a new question

Read More

cosair Power Supplies Desktops Graphics Cards Components