I need help with my new R9 290 Tri-x, URGENT

Ninjaxsl

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Can somebody help me before i end up throwing my GPU in the bin?!

Right so I've re-installed windows, Nope won't go past post.
Installed Drivers for it. Simply a black screen...

What's the problem?!

Specs

Mobo: ASUS Z87-A
Memory: 4x4 8gb Corsair vengeance ram
HDD: Hitachi 78gb
SDD: SanDisk 128gb Ultra
PSU: CX600 Bronze Plus 80 (Corsair)
and finally the worst part
GPU: R9 290 Tri-x OC Edition 4gb

I turn on my computer and it does 1 long beep and 3 short beeps after.
This Card is new. it arrived literally 3 hours ago.

Should i use the cables supplied with the graphics card?
Because i'm using my PSU's one.

Please Help
Thanks

Solution

I've fixed it!! After nearly bricking my Motherboard for good, Destroying my ram stick to see if they were "Stable", liquidizing my graphics card's golden finger to see if they would "shine brighter than a start" (Don't Ask) and lastly after almost killing my computer for good.

I threw my SSD out my window from stress ("It was a bad one anyway"), turned it on one last time before giving up and Boom! it worked without the ssd... I mean come one!! So much work...
''Ohh, 3 beeps means the gpu is not good. Return it and get another one... OR YOU CAN TRY SWITCHING THE RAM, try just 4gb and try putting them in different slots. ''

talk about throw in the towel before it gets wet . I will assume your psu has the correct pci-e leads for that card and there hooked up correctly? and the card is in the correct slot? it maybe as simple as remove the card from the slot and wipe clean the golden fingers on the card and insert it back in the slot pull it back out and reinsert it to insure it ''scratches'' in good contact in the slot

Ninjaxsl

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

the other problem is that i can't even access the bios without it going funny with the new graphics card! :((

Ninjaxsl

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

I can go into windows and bios without the video card running but tell me one thing.

I'm using these two wires to connect power and connect the R9 290 and they are exactly the same identical wires from the psu.

both are those wires that have 6 ready and those extra 2 pin holes to connect to make eight, i'm using 1 of those wires as just the 6 and the two other extras are doing nothing and the other identical wire with the extra 2 pins connect to power or connect the psu.

What am i doing wrong here?

It sounds about right.
You use one of the cables as a 6pin for the 6 pin slot on the gpu. The other cables requires you to combine the extra two pin together with the six to make an 8 pin connector..

Ninjaxsl

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

Yes that is correct

Ninjaxsl

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

Right i'm in windows and there is a BIOS update, now what

Ninjaxsl

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

Yes my friend i have done that but it just goes BEEEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP everytime i restart the machine :(
Sigh

hamidd1234

Reputable
Jul 20, 2014
Change up the ram! maybe it's not compatible! This happend to me before... I put diffrent 4gb of ram and my pc didn't boot up it was just a black screen with the beeps trust me man! Try different ram! Just do it trust me it should work!

Embra

Distinguished
If you system boots without the gpu in place, and does not when you correctly plug in the GPU... Your PSU is probably the problem.

The CX models from Corsair are not good PSUs and are not made to handle high GPUs. I would look to your PSU as the possible problem.

Change up the ram! maybe it's not compatible

WELL IT SEEMS TO WORK WITH OUT THE CARD IN SO YOUR SAYING THE RAM IS INCOMPATABLE WITH THE NEW CARD??

as like I said at first and some one else brought it up 2 more tims I would look hard at that cx psu unit there not all that good...

Ninjaxsl

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

I managed to get the card to work :eek:!!! But...
After i switched back the tiny switch... It stopped displaying video.

BUT there's no more BEEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP, which means the card is detected and successfully installed. Now just need to figure out why it's not displaying and when it does display it says "overclocking failed" even though i didn't overclock?!

Any ideas Guys :)?

Ninjaxsl

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

I took the CMOS Battery Out (internal motherboard battery from asus) and now when i put i back in (obviously power off and unplugged first) it just won't start-up anymore, it doesn't give signs that the computer is working. just dead.

what's up :(