Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Pleeasse help - PC wont power off, no display, devices (keyboard/mouse) won't connect.

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 31, 2014 8:28:33 PM

I just bought a DIY Bundle from newegg. Hooked everything up, looked at mobo manual for the wiring of the front panel and completed all that stuff. Went to power on my custom pc...It wont turn off. Nor does it display anything on my tv (monitor too), and my keyboard/mouse wont light up - connect.

The CPU fan does run, and so does the psu fan.

Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Psu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Cpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
HDD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Ram/Memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
a b V Motherboard
July 31, 2014 8:42:36 PM

Did you install the motherboard mounts to the case before installing the motherboard?
Was the processor installed correctly?
Is the 4 pin also plugged into the motherboard?
Power won't turn off right away, you have to hold it down for a few seconds to do so. If that does not work then turn off by the switch on the back of your power supply.
m
0
l
a c 89 V Motherboard
July 31, 2014 8:56:07 PM

Our troubleshooting checklist in the sticky section of the forum was created for this type of problem. Perform all the steps in the checklist and it should help you narrow down what's causing the problem. There's also a link to the checklist in my signature.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 31, 2014 9:51:17 PM

lp231 said:
Did you install the motherboard mounts to the case before installing the motherboard?
Was the processor installed correctly?
Is the 4 pin also plugged into the motherboard?
Power won't turn off right away, you have to hold it down for a few seconds to do so. If that does not work then turn off by the switch on the back of your power supply.


Yes
Yes
Yes
I hold it down forever and it doesnt do anything. Altho..No lights in the front of the case pop up when the pc is running.

m
0
l
July 31, 2014 10:21:22 PM

shortstuff_mt said:
Our troubleshooting checklist in the sticky section of the forum was created for this type of problem. Perform all the steps in the checklist and it should help you narrow down what's causing the problem. There's also a link to the checklist in my signature.


Looked at the link and everything is the same as shown. I have no clue what my issue is. computer starts..no lights in the front, doesnt shut off, no signal to monitor, keyboard/mouse wont connect. It's a mess.
m
0
l
a c 89 V Motherboard
July 31, 2014 10:27:06 PM

Did you actually perform ALL the steps in the checklist? Do you get a BIOS beep code if you try to boot with no RAM installed? It sounds like you have multiple things going on with the build. The front panel connectors don't seem to be connected correctly for one thing if there are no lights and the power switch isn't working. Did you verify in the motherboard owners manual that all the front panel connectors are installed correctly?
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
July 31, 2014 10:28:54 PM

You need to disassemble and follow that video from start. This will take a few hours but you may realize your mistake at that point
m
0
l
July 31, 2014 11:53:29 PM

I have not tried to boot without ram. When PC starts up, there's no beeps. I've rewired the front panels to the mobo so many times using the manual, Idk how it could be incorrect. No one has my issue. So many things going on at once.
m
0
l
August 1, 2014 2:04:35 AM

shortstuff_mt said:
Did you actually perform ALL the steps in the checklist? Do you get a BIOS beep code if you try to boot with no RAM installed? It sounds like you have multiple things going on with the build. The front panel connectors don't seem to be connected correctly for one thing if there are no lights and the power switch isn't working. Did you verify in the motherboard owners manual that all the front panel connectors are installed correctly?


The speaker wont even make noises when the ram is out.
Does this mean the mobo is fried?
Or is it the case? no clue.

m
0
l
August 1, 2014 3:54:55 AM

At this point i believe it is the mobo.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
August 1, 2014 7:57:45 AM

Once again, you have something built incorrectly. Disassemble all your work and start over.
m
0
l
August 1, 2014 9:29:49 AM

I've re done it multiple times,most of the the time I get the same issue or worse
m
0
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
August 1, 2014 10:49:19 AM

speakers won't beep if it's plugged in wrong.
try the board on the outside of your case
Share
!