Would this $920 gaming computer rig be good?

Dnlchong

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ppjwyc
I'm looking for a computer that can run a few games (league of legends, maybe some shooters) on high quality with at least 60fps. My
budget is $920. I can't go above that price.
If you guys have any suggestions, please comment it below.
Many thanks,
Daniel

Well first off the build is over $920 that you gave us.... And secondly are you looking to overclock?
You can also save yourself some money by getting a 750 ti that's only $150. That way you can get your build price back under your budget. Then you can spend some extra money on a nice mouse.

After mail-ins his is $919 so not sure what you mean...

I had mail-ins turned off sorry.

Why are you trying to get him to lower the GPU in a GAMING build... where GPU is pretty much the main thing he needs to put money into?

I had mail-ins turned off so when I looked at the build it was way over what it should have been. So that was the closest he could get without sacraficing the CPU

Ytyoussef

Distinguished
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock H97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($89.66 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($76.50 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.91 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($289.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $889.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-01 14:29 EDT-0400
A build like this would be much better for you. It has a better graphics card, processor and power supply (The CX series aren't good) .

Ytyoussef

Distinguished
The better CPU won't make any difference in gaming, while the gpu would. He would get better gaming performance with the build I posted above. Oh and you shouldn't get the corsair power supply, it is not a good power supply, the XFX is much better.

How would he get better performance exactly? my build has the same GPU in it... Changed the PSU out awhile back... the only difference in our builds is you picked a different CPU/motherboard and HDD.