$2500 gaming pc, first build

6londie

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014
Hey, this is my first gaming pc build and I have put together the rig below. I was wondering about if this is a good psu and if there was any way to save money to get similar performance or better.

Budget range: $2000-2500

System usage from most to least important: gaming, web browsing, photo and video editing, etc.

Parts list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZYmYmG
Please be aware that this is including parts that I will get later on.

Solution
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9WbWzy

You could go with legend001523's suggestion about 290x crossfire instead of the 295x2 but it's pretty much the same thing except for the price. 16gb is more than enough for gaming but you could go 32gb if you do extreme video editing but that's your least priority so 16gb is enough. you could save more by going 290x xfire and keeping your previous psu and mobo. I just replaced the mobo to a maximus hero 'cause it's cheaper and it's my personal favorite. And xfx makes good psu's so 750w will be enough to power the gpu and the 750d will have enough space to house it.

Intel Celeron

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9WbWzy

You could go with legend001523's suggestion about 290x crossfire instead of the 295x2 but it's pretty much the same thing except for the price. 16gb is more than enough for gaming but you could go 32gb if you do extreme video editing but that's your least priority so 16gb is enough. you could save more by going 290x xfire and keeping your previous psu and mobo. I just replaced the mobo to a maximus hero 'cause it's cheaper and it's my personal favorite. And xfx makes good psu's so 750w will be enough to power the gpu and the 750d will have enough space to house it.

Solution

6londie

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014
Ok, I'm definately going to downgrade to 16 gb, thanks for that. The reason I went with the 770s in 3 way sli is I wanted a card around $300 that I could slowly get more of as I get money. I also like the look of multiple graphics cards. Will the cooling really be an issue? Will the 770s get better performance as a 780?

You could try to get a 750D? Mainly because having 780 is sli may trap some heat and your h100i takes up 2 fan spaces, which leaves 4 left, I think. The larger case will let you have more airflow and more spaces for fans, but a mid tower will do fine aswell, just something for you to consider

PC part picker says that the build will take up 711w. How would a Gold certified 750w PSU be enough..? Not to mention the OC he will be doing.

yeah, just make sure it's a good psu from a reliable manufacturer, like seasonic, evga, xfx, because a crappy 750W psu may only give out like 700 or something like that

6londie

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014
The main reason that I went for 850watts is that I wanted some lee way if I decide to expand and get a network adapter or something, but if 750 is enough, then ok.