Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

1xTitan black, 2x AMD R9 290X (OC), or 2x 780ti

Tags:
  • AMD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
August 1, 2014 4:41:05 PM

Alright, heres the down low, I live in canada, as such it costs a hell of a lot in HST to get things in from the US, from the looks of things I'm paying 500$ in taxes to get my computer in (built by main gear) now I need to cut down on the cash to be able to pay that much for taxes! So I have decided it is a battle of the GPU's, should I choose 1 titan black, 2 OC AMD R9 290x (100-200 $ Less) or 2x 780ti which is what I currently have selected in which case I have to go cut a bunch of things off.

More about : 1xtitan black amd 290x 780ti

August 1, 2014 4:44:01 PM

Maletone said:
Alright, heres the down low, I live in canada, as such it costs a hell of a lot in HST to get things in from the US, from the looks of things I'm paying 500$ in taxes to get my computer in (built by main gear) now I need to cut down on the cash to be able to pay that much for taxes! So I have decided it is a battle of the GPU's, should I choose 1 titan black, 2 OC AMD R9 290x (100-200 $ Less) or 2x 780ti which is what I currently have selected in which case I have to go cut a bunch of things off.


If for gaming defintely 2x 780 Ti but why not just buy your stuff in Canada?
m
0
l
Related resources
August 1, 2014 4:45:38 PM



If for gaming defintely 2x 780 Ti but why not just buy your stuff in Canada? said:
If for gaming defintely 2x 780 Ti but why not just buy your stuff in Canada?



I would but it is being built by the pc gaming company Maingear and I need to select and option

m
0
l
August 1, 2014 4:54:13 PM

Maletone said:


If for gaming defintely 2x 780 Ti but why not just buy your stuff in Canada?[/msgquoted said:



I would but it is being built by the pc gaming company Maingear and I need to select and option

]If for gaming defintely 2x 780 Ti but why not just buy your stuff in Canada?



I would but it is being built by the pc gaming company Maingear and I need to select and option



Oooh. Why not just build it yourself? If a kid can do it you can to. And aren't there any of those companies in Canada? And he's right 2x 290x seems to be better.
m
0
l
August 1, 2014 4:56:33 PM

Mounty_078 said:
Maletone said:


If for gaming defintely 2x 780 Ti but why not just buy your stuff in Canada?[/msgquoted said:



I would but it is being built by the pc gaming company Maingear and I need to select and option



Oooh. Why not just build it yourself? If a kid can do it you can to. And aren't there any of those companies in Canada? And he's right 2x 290x seems to be better.]If for gaming defintely 2x 780 Ti but why not just buy your stuff in Canada?



I would but it is being built by the pc gaming company Maingear and I need to select and option



Oooh. Why not just build it yourself? If a kid can do it you can to. And aren't there any of those companies in Canada? And he's right 2x 290x seems to be better.[/msgquoted]


Well...no we don't have anybody like that here, and I just don't have the time to get it done, also I'm pretty sure I'd end up messing it up somehow :(  i would if I knew i wouldn't screw it up.
m
0
l
August 1, 2014 5:01:36 PM

Trust me I was the same way. I turned 16 and went all out and bought my components. I used Linus and NewEgg on Youtube. They will explain everything from start to end. I installed everything without a problem. And it takes like 3-4 hours the first time. I'm sure you can find the time :p .
m
0
l
August 1, 2014 5:06:01 PM

Mounty_078 said:
Maletone said:
Mounty_078 said:
Maletone said:


said:
If for gaming defintely 2x 780 Ti but why not just buy your stuff in Canada?
said:



I would but it is being built by the pc gaming company Maingear and I need to select and option

said:


Oooh. Why not just build it yourself? If a kid can do it you can to. And aren't there any of those companies in Canada? And he's right 2x 290x seems to be better.
said:



Well...no we don't have anybody like that here, and I just don't have the time to get it done, also I'm pretty sure I'd end up messing it up somehow :( i would if I knew i wouldn't screw it up.
said:
Well...no we don't have anybody like that here, and I just don't have the time to get it done, also I'm pretty sure I'd end up messing it up somehow :(  i would if I knew i wouldn't screw it up.


Trust me I was the same way. I turned 16 and went all out and bought my components. I used Linus and NewEgg on Youtube. They will explain everything from start to end. I installed everything without a problem. And it takes like 3-4 hours the first time. I'm sure you can find the time :p .
said:


alright, Ill decide from there, thanks for the help!

m
0
l
August 1, 2014 5:07:31 PM

Maletone said:
Mounty_078 said:
Maletone said:
Mounty_078 said:
Maletone said:


said:
If for gaming defintely 2x 780 Ti but why not just buy your stuff in Canada?
said:



I would but it is being built by the pc gaming company Maingear and I need to select and option

said:


Oooh. Why not just build it yourself? If a kid can do it you can to. And aren't there any of those companies in Canada? And he's right 2x 290x seems to be better.
said:



Well...no we don't have anybody like that here, and I just don't have the time to get it done, also I'm pretty sure I'd end up messing it up somehow :( i would if I knew i wouldn't screw it up.
said:
Well...no we don't have anybody like that here, and I just don't have the time to get it done, also I'm pretty sure I'd end up messing it up somehow :(  i would if I knew i wouldn't screw it up.


Trust me I was the same way. I turned 16 and went all out and bought my components. I used Linus and NewEgg on Youtube. They will explain everything from start to end. I installed everything without a problem. And it takes like 3-4 hours the first time. I'm sure you can find the time :p .
said:


alright, Ill decide from there, thanks for the help!

said:


No problem :) .
m
0
l