£400 budget for pc monitor

morgon

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Looking to move pc of tv (3 yr old 50" samsung 60hz) Have £400 budget so looking to see what I should get. Gpu is a evga gtx 770 4gb and mostly play sims (racing and flying) and fps. Please include a reason as to why that monitor you have chosen is what I should get. Not really interested in 3D gaming as awaiting for oculus rift in future as prefer that.

I have read 120hz is ideal for gaming as I am use to using a 60hz tv via hdmi cable.

Monitor or monitors?

monitor size I'd like to be reasonable size.

angle I was debating the 21:9 with sims in mind but again not too sure as want something that is gonna work out the box without using third party apps to get a correct resolution which is what I have read needs doing for a 21:9 display.

look forward to getting some help choosing a good monitor cheers.

Alex Kelly

Honorable

Thank you for your input! I did not realise Gsync monitors were out in the UK already, as I live in Australia.
I highly recommend that monitor.

morgon

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Sorry what is gsync about and yes see them on amazon. Will I see a noticeable difference using one of these? Also is it normal for these type of monitor to come with or without speakers? Just so I know if to add 50 to my budget for speakers or something like that. Cheers

Alex Kelly

Honorable

Gsync syncs the monitors refresh rate to the frames per second being displayed on screen, which results in a screen tear free, stutter free experience.

Unfortunately you won't be able to afford one though as you need to buy speakers. Monitors usually don't come with them, and if they do they are horrible quality.

Get this monitor instead, it's the same thing but 24 inches instead of 27. It will leave plenty of room in your budget to get some good desktop speakers. :D
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/benq-monitor-xl2420z

morgon

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
27" seems a nice size for up close rather than 50" 4 - ft away. So a gsync 144hz monitor is the way to go. And ill be using video port not hdmi right? So that cable will be needed. I add 50 quid to budget for some speakers so can stick with 27".

Alex Kelly

Honorable

The monitor will come with all of the cables you need. :)
And yes, a Gsync 144Hz monitor is the best choice by far, if you can afford one and still have money left for speakers. :)

Alex Kelly

Honorable
Solution