Solved

Best GPU under 500 USD?

Currently had this in mind, http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-n780tf3gd5oc. Any better options on the market?

EDIT: Is the MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB TWIN FROZR already overclocked?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gpu 500 usd
  1. Best answer
    Yes that one is overclocked. As for my recommendation, I'd get the R9 290X, it's easily more powerful than the GTX 780: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvr929xoc4gd
  2. Eduello said:
    Yes that one is overclocked. As for my recommendation, I'd get the R9 290X, it's easily more powerful than the GTX 780: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvr929xoc4gd


    Is it really that much stronger?
  3. The 290X is comparable to the GTX 780Ti, and definitely worth the $30 extra over the GTX 780, unless you really want to have G-sync, PhysX or ShadowPlay.
  4. Eduello said:
    The 290X is comparable to the GTX 780Ti, and definitely worth the $30 extra over the GTX 780, unless you really want to have G-sync, PhysX or ShadowPlay.


    I've heard Nvidia stays cooler and is better build.
  5. Not really, the stock cooler on the AMD cards is horrible, but that one uses an aftermarket cooler, which means that it'll stay cool and quiet.
  6. Eduello said:
    Not really, the stock cooler on the AMD cards is horrible, but that one uses an aftermarket cooler, which means that it'll stay cool and quiet.


    What would the FPS difference be? 5-10 FPS?
  7. Yeah, 5-10fps sounds pretty realistic depending on the game.
  8. If your looking to play BF4 while comparing those theres gonna be like a 5-15 frame higher using the R9, but the thing about gaming is that you don't really care about that unless your game is running very, very slow.
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Graphics