Solved

windows 8 or windows 7?

hello

i just want to ask if what is better. windows 8 or windows 7?

which one is lighter on system?

this is my pc "AN OLD ONE" LOL

CPU: e5400 2.7Ghz
RAM: 4GB DDR2
GPU: GTX 460 1GB

TIA!
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows windows
  1. Windows 7 is probably lighter but windows 8 is generally a bit faster so im not really sure i would probably go windows 7 on that system just to be safe. But windows 8 would probably work just as well.
  2. Best answer
    go win 7..
    Win 7 is better suited to a traditional Nontouch screen/key/mouse setup..
    Win 8 is better if you in a touch screen/tablet type system

    (IMHO.. other opinions are available.. but I have a full Win 8 licence.. but went back to WIn7 on my traditional system.. so gives you an idea what I think.)
    Cheers
  3. Dunlop0078 said:
    Windows 7 is probably lighter but windows 8 is generally a bit faster so im not really sure i would probably go windows 7 on that system just to be safe. But windows 8 would probably work just as well.


    thanks for the reply .. so if ever in gaming .. windows 7 is better right? ..
  4. yoji said:
    go win 7..
    Win 7 is better suited to a traditional Nontouch screen/key/mouse setup..
    Win 8 is better if you in a touch screen/tablet type system

    (IMHO.. other opinions are available)
    Cheers


    ok then .. ill go for windows 7 .. ^_^
  5. berdugo1020 said:
    Dunlop0078 said:
    Windows 7 is probably lighter but windows 8 is generally a bit faster so im not really sure i would probably go windows 7 on that system just to be safe. But windows 8 would probably work just as well.


    thanks for the reply .. so if ever in gaming .. windows 7 is better right? ..


    Windows 8 would be better at modern gaming and it will have Dx12 support in the future windows 7 will not. windows 7 will be better at older games and you will only be able to play older games on that system anyways.
  6. 8's good, but I've found it's not quite as stable as 7. So, if you want tried and tested, go 7
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Windows 8