$3000 custom gaming pc help

Sierra bravo

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
I have a few questions about a computer I am planing on building in 6-7 years.

I know that 6-7 years if a long time for computers and there parts but i want to know if I do build this computer in the future if it will last me 8-9 years without having to change parts. I'm planing to do heavy gaming and I want to play at max setting 60+ fps. I will also be editing HD DSLR video with photoshop cs6. This would be the computer that I will have for many years with out changing parts but also I want to be able to upgrade when an i8 or a gtx 790ti comes out. If there are any parts to switch that will change the performance of the computer but not raise the price to much. My max budget is $3300.

Note: I will be over-clocking a lot and I do not want a custom water cooling loop as i am afraid or spills

Thank you for all the answers this a very important question.

Pc parts link

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/sierra_bravo/saved/CHkj4D

Solution
Tbh, there's no much point in planning for a build that you won't try building for 6-7 years. I would just recommend you follow how hardware/software progresses over the next few years. All the basic parts will be the same. The most important thing to do would be to save up money.

In 6-7 years, photoshop cs6 will have been upgraded. You will probably be able to buy a good 1tb ssd for <$300, If not $200. Right now Samsung EVO's are around $450 I think. Intel will be on either 5 or 7nm tech and I'm sure AMD will be in the same boat. Etc. etc. Technology is moving pretty fast and there's so much that's going to change between now and then.

Note: Intel probably won't use the i8 moniker, but would actually be using something like an...

Robert Pankiw

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
I am from the future.

I can tell you that if you do this, your computer will last about 2 years. In 8 years from now, there will be a new media type, that can't even be described using words (It can only be described using this new form of media).

It will take over computers everywhere. If you don't have 12 physical cores at 6GHz base clock, and a GPU with 0.5 PFLOPS performance, you're not going to be able to use this media.

Believe me, you'll want to have this.

P.S. You'll need SATAe2, otherwise your disk will be a major bottle neck. Each copy of this media is about 6TBs in size.

fudoka711

Distinguished
Tbh, there's no much point in planning for a build that you won't try building for 6-7 years. I would just recommend you follow how hardware/software progresses over the next few years. All the basic parts will be the same. The most important thing to do would be to save up money.

In 6-7 years, photoshop cs6 will have been upgraded. You will probably be able to buy a good 1tb ssd for <$300, If not $200. Right now Samsung EVO's are around $450 I think. Intel will be on either 5 or 7nm tech and I'm sure AMD will be in the same boat. Etc. etc. Technology is moving pretty fast and there's so much that's going to change between now and then.

Note: Intel probably won't use the i8 moniker, but would actually be using something like an i7-9xxx by then. nVidia will have moved on from their xxxti numbering scheme and could go back to doing xxxx instead.

Solution

Illumynization

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

Decent build. Here are my thoughts:

Go big or go home. The Kingston V300 SSD's are budget solid state drives. go for the Samsung Evo series or the top of the line Samsung 850 Pro series.

Your graphics cards as the dual 4GB GTX 770's are a really good choice for what you are doing. You also say that you want it to last without change but are also going to upgrade the GPU's. The GTX 800 series are said to come out this year and the GTX 900 series is probably what you should wait for.

The PSU is fine for what you have and the GTX 880 is rumored to use the same 230W TDP as the GTX 770. However if they do increase the power in a GTX 880 ti or the GTX 900 series card, it may be beneficial to you to just up the power supply to a flat 1000W right now.

Your build looks solid though, good luck with the assembly!!