Sign in with
Your question
Solved

760 SLI Physx card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 4, 2014 5:56:46 AM

Hi,

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the SLI config?

I have 2 760 running in SLI and an i5 4690 k overclocked to 4.5 ghz.

Do i set the CPU to deal with physx or dedicate a GPU? After doing some reading people seem to think the CPU can handle it....

Thanks.

More about : 760 sli physx card

Best solution

August 4, 2014 6:01:23 AM

Don't dedicate one of the GPU for physX.. It wouldn't make any sense to do SLI then.. And don't load your CPU either with that fancy stuff just keep PhysX on Auto-select.

You can try to have it on the CPU I guess and as long as you don't seem to CPU bottleneck you should be fine.
a c 223 à CPUs
August 4, 2014 6:12:31 AM

I agree. SLI is way better than dedicating one GPU to Physx. Leave it on auto.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
August 4, 2014 7:11:08 AM

Never use the CPU for PhysX when you have an Nvidia card. People who say you can use the CPU are generally rationalizing. Doing so will kill your FPS in nearly all circumstances, even with a high-end rig.
m
l
August 4, 2014 1:54:54 PM

• 17seconds said:
    Never use the CPU for PhysX when you have an Nvidia card. People who say you can use the CPU are generally rationalizing. Doing so will kill your FPS in nearly all circumstances, even with a high-end rig.

That's not correct sorry. I've just tested Far Cry 3 and there has been an improvement in performance. FULL HD and ALL Settings on MAX except for 4x MSSA and im 80 fps with V sync off. That's an improvement on before.
    Valley benchmark produced the same fps score.

Only thing to others- My control panel says I should set GPU 2 to phsyx when i select auto select- Is this not a waste? theres only 20 games that can run with it anyway?

Cheers.
    m
    l
    a c 223 à CPUs
    August 4, 2014 2:11:25 PM

Far Cry 3 does not have any PhysX... So you can not possibly say PhysX to the CPU improved your FPS.

And another thing. FarCry3 is NOT SLI friendly. Meaning it does not use the second GPU to its full extent.

What is the rest of your build if I may ask?
    Motherboard?
    RAM?
    CPU?
    PSU?
    m
    l
    a b à CPUs
    August 4, 2014 7:15:00 PM

deckardb26354 said:
  • 17seconds said:

That's not correct sorry. I've just tested Far Cry 3 and there has been an improvement in performance. FULL HD and ALL Settings on MAX except for 4x MSSA and im 80 fps with V sync off. That's an improvement on before.
    Valley benchmark produced the same fps score.

Only thing to others- My control panel says I should set GPU 2 to phsyx when i select auto select- Is this not a waste? theres only 20 games that can run with it anyway?

Cheers.

• Far Cry 3 is not a GPU accelerated PhysX game, nor is Valley a GPU accelerated PhysX benchmark.
    http://www.physxinfo.com/

You should set your control panel to Auto PhysX and leave it at that. It will never dedicate just one SLI card to PhysX, thus wasting the ~90% scaling potential you get from SLI. I think you are misinterpreting the symbols on the PhysX control panel (showing a delta aiming at one of the cards).

Cheers.
    m
    l
    !