Solved

Next gen gaming pc? (Overclocked)

Hey guys. So I'm starting to get into pc gaming and was looking into building one. I'm going to be using for gaming as well as school work. I'd prefer ultra settings at 60 fps but I'm willing to go down to high if it's necessary to achieve 60 fps. I'll be playing AC Unity, Far Cry 4, and Arkham Knight. My budget is around $900-$1000 canadian dollars. (No OS) I prefer cheap shipping if possible. Thanks in advance for the answers!
18 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gen gaming overclocked
  1. .... That might not be enough to push 60 fps on ultra...

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($149.98 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($114.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB DirectCU II Video Card ($302.97 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: AOC I2269VW 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($119.99 @ Best Buy)
    Total: $1002.89
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-04 16:48 EDT-0400.

    Assuming you have nothing for a pc... You can pick up a mouse and keyboard that are ok for gaming for around $70
  2. PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/zBMPQ7
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/zBMPQ7/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($254.99 @ NCIX)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($153.92 @ DirectCanada)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($100.98 @ Newegg Canada)
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($59.99 @ Memory Express)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.95 @ Vuugo)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Dual-X Video Card ($288.32 @ TigerDirect Canada)
    Case: Enermax ECA3253-BW ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX)
    Total: $1047.92
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
  3. can you guys suggest a $900 build?
  4. Best answer
    Lemuel710 said:
    can you guys suggest a $900 build?


    PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/fzBQcf
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/fzBQcf/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($208.98 @ Newegg Canada)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($88.00 @ Vuugo)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($83.24 @ Amazon Canada)
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($59.99 @ Memory Express)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.95 @ Vuugo)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Dual-X Video Card ($288.32 @ TigerDirect Canada)
    Case: Enermax ECA3253-BW ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX)
    Total: $918.25
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
  5. Do you need a monitor ? If not then the Build I previously suggested would be 900
  6. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($149.98 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($114.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.91 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280 3GB DirectCU II Video Card ($214.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $847.82
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-04 18:56 EDT-0400

    Redone and the 280x is unnecessary as you can / and are going to overclock so the 280 can overclock to equal and surpass the 280x.
  7. Yoplait95 said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($149.98 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($114.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.91 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280 3GB DirectCU II Video Card ($214.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $847.82
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-04 18:56 EDT-0400

    Redone and the 280x is unnecessary as you can / and are going to overclock so the 280 can overclock to equal and surpass the 280x.


    that's in USD... It totals up to 1000 in CAD
  8. TopLuca said:
    Lemuel710 said:
    can you guys suggest a $900 build?


    PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/fzBQcf
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/fzBQcf/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($208.98 @ Newegg Canada)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($88.00 @ Vuugo)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($83.24 @ Amazon Canada)
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($59.99 @ Memory Express)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.95 @ Vuugo)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Dual-X Video Card ($288.32 @ TigerDirect Canada)
    Case: Enermax ECA3253-BW ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX)
    Total: $918.25
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

    Do u know how long it will take to ship? I'd prefer to build it a few weeks before school starts (september) Oh and do u know how well its gonna run ac unity and far cry 4? Framerate wise
  9. The second build from TopLuca adds up to 1001.26 in cad.....
  10. Its 934 Canadian Dollars
  11. so how long will it take to ship usually?
  12. Really depends should take about a week.
  13. TopLuca said:
    Really depends should take about a week.


    k i think i'll go with your build then. just one more question tho, is the gtx 770 better than the 280x?
  14. Lemuel710 said:
    TopLuca said:
    Really depends should take about a week.


    k i think i'll go with your build then. just one more question tho, is the gtx 770 better than the 280x?


    It is slightly better but more expensive , The 280X is a bang for ur buck. Also dependent on the game.
  15. TopLuca said:
    Lemuel710 said:
    TopLuca said:
    Really depends should take about a week.


    k i think i'll go with your build then. just one more question tho, is the gtx 770 better than the 280x?


    It is slightly better but more expensive , The 280X is a bang for ur buck. Also dependent on the game.


    e.g. AC Unity, Far Cry 4, BF4
  16. Lemuel710 said:
    TopLuca said:
    Lemuel710 said:
    TopLuca said:
    Really depends should take about a week.


    k i think i'll go with your build then. just one more question tho, is the gtx 770 better than the 280x?


    It is slightly better but more expensive , The 280X is a bang for ur buck. Also dependent on the game.


    e.g. AC Unity, Far Cry 4, BF4

    BF4 Is better on the 280X , AC Unity and Far Cry 4 are yet to be released and it will be a lie to tell u which one will pan out to be better.
  17. TopLuca said:
    Lemuel710 said:
    TopLuca said:
    Lemuel710 said:
    TopLuca said:
    Really depends should take about a week.


    k i think i'll go with your build then. just one more question tho, is the gtx 770 better than the 280x?


    It is slightly better but more expensive , The 280X is a bang for ur buck. Also dependent on the game.


    e.g. AC Unity, Far Cry 4, BF4

    BF4 Is better on the 280X , AC Unity and Far Cry 4 are yet to be released and it will be a lie to tell u which one will pan out to be better.

    K thanks so much for the great replies
  18. your welcome
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Next Generation Components PC gaming