fx 4350 and two-way SLI gtx 760

Solution
G
The 4350 is fairly darn weak tbh
You have to remember that even though it's marketed as a quad-core, in actuality it's a dual-core chip.
The same scales linearly with the rest of the FX line.

AMD uses 'modules' over traditional physical cores. It's quite an interesting die-design. It means for each physical core, or 'module' there's 2 logical cores inside it. They're smaller and less efficient than a large physical core and they share the same cache with each other, but they get the job done.
The 4350 then, uses two of them.
6350 - 3.
and, 8350 - 4.

The reason it's not so great is purely down to their poor efficiency. They're small cores and as such don't perform that well on their own. The 8350 however, having 8 modules performs...

KungKarlXVI

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014
as sead above i am a expert in pc components but wanted to know if the fx-4350 would bottleneck the 760's, as i did not find fx-4350 or other amd cpu benchmarks, also it has to be a AM3+ cpu.

KungKarlXVI

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014
that is true, people with IRL experience maybe knew i thought, but now i wonder if anyone could suggest a AM3+ cpu that won't bottleneck 2-way SLI with GTX760's, and rather one with a tdp under 180w

G

The 4350 is fairly darn weak tbh
You have to remember that even though it's marketed as a quad-core, in actuality it's a dual-core chip.
The same scales linearly with the rest of the FX line.

AMD uses 'modules' over traditional physical cores. It's quite an interesting die-design. It means for each physical core, or 'module' there's 2 logical cores inside it. They're smaller and less efficient than a large physical core and they share the same cache with each other, but they get the job done.
The 4350 then, uses two of them.
6350 - 3.
and, 8350 - 4.

The reason it's not so great is purely down to their poor efficiency. They're small cores and as such don't perform that well on their own. The 8350 however, having 8 modules performs pretty decently, but I wouldn't go for anything below that.

With a half-decent AM3+ board you could easily pop in 'said 8350 and have it work straight away. It consumes a bit more power but I'm sure even the most basic of power supplies can handle it.
(Especially if you're considering a second card).

Two 760s would be quite a nice setup, something I don't think the 4350 could handle on its own. I'm not sure about the 8350, but it should be alright.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS