Solved

Is the R9 280 more powerful than the PS4 and Xbox-ONE GPU?

I was just curious if it is more capable and powerful.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 280 powerful ps4 xbox gpu
  1. According to a thread I found:

XBox One: somewhere between a 7770 and 7790

So if you were to choose between a gaming pc or laptop even, then you would probably outperform the Xbox's GPU.
  2. Joeteoh99 said:
    According to a thread I found:

So if you were to choose between a gaming pc or laptop even, then you would probably outperform the Xbox's GPU.

lol, wow. So i take it that my R9 280 kills the PS4 and Xbox-ONE in every way lol
  3. Best answer
    Ferrariassassin said:
    Joeteoh99 said:
    According to a thread I found:

lol, wow. So i take it that my R9 280 kills the PS4 and Xbox-ONE in every way lol

Yeah, perfectly said mate. :)

Don't mind clicking the "Pick as the Solution" icon. :)
  4. Yes by far. The xbox one is around the 7790, and the ps4 similar to the 7850 IIRC.
  5. Yes but don't forget that games are optimized for those specific GPUs and other hardware in the consoles.

Meaning that a 7850 in a PC compared to a "said" 7850 in a PS4 is not really comparable as games will run much better on the consoles. Especially if it's games ported from consoles to PC.

For example Watch Dogs looks way better and runs smoother on the PS4 compared to my PC, which is a i5 3570K with 7850 2GB.
  6. Mahisse said:
    Yes but don't forget that games are optimized for those specific GPUs and other hardware in the consoles.

Meaning that a 7850 in a PC compared to a "said" 7850 in a PS4 is not really comparable as games will run much better on the consoles. Especially if it's games ported from consoles to PC.

For example Watch Dogs looks way better and runs smoother on the PS4 compared to my PC, which is a i5 3570K with 7850 2GB.

Ehh i kinda doubt that a PS4 or Xbox-ONE could even come 1% close to a high end PC. Remember, they aven made the made and designed the game for PS4 on a PC so they needed to dumb the game down some to be able to play on the PS4 and Xbox-ONE low capabilities. And it is impossible to transfer a PS4 game to a PC because they make the game on a PC in the first place. Every game you have ever played in existence was made on a PC first. But thanks, :)
  7. The games will still be 100% optimized with the drivers in the consoles, which is impossible to do with the PC market since every system is very different.

I'm not saying that my PC is weaker than the PS4 (by far) but with new titles that has been poorly ported, games tend to run better on the consoles. When the game is patched properly for PC users it will be a different story. But let us not forget that not every game get patched properly for PC in a very long time.
  8. Mahisse said:
    The games will still be 100% optimized with the drivers in the consoles, which is impossible to do with the PC market since every system is very different.

I'm not saying that my PC is weaker than the PS4 (by far) but with new titles that has been poorly ported, games tend to run better on the consoles. When the game is patched properly for PC users it will be a different story. But let us not forget that not every game get patched properly for PC in a very long time.

Yea especially games on console because they never patch games, maybe once a year if lucky. I know that Skyrim on a console is the most idiotic thing in existence it is so horrible, never gets patches, and the console cold not handle the game. I know Skyrim was for the PS3 but in my opinion the PS4 is not that far from the PS3 because truth be told, its just another $20 GPU in a new console shell.Now the PS4 beats the Xbox-ONE in every aspect though.
  9. Ferrariassassin said:
    Mahisse said:
    The games will still be 100% optimized with the drivers in the consoles, which is impossible to do with the PC market since every system is very different.

Yea especially games on console because they never patch games, maybe once a year if lucky. I know that Skyrim on a console is the most idiotic thing in existence it is so horrible, never gets patches, and the console cold not handle the game. I know Skyrim was for the PS3 but in my opinion the PS4 is not that far from the PS3 because truth be told, its just another $20 GPU in a new console shell.Now the PS4 beats the Xbox-ONE in every aspect though.

Ive still got a Xbox 360 to play Forza 4, and it gets patches quite often. Way more than "once a year".
  10. the r9-280 alone pulls about 25% more power than the ps4/xbone entire system. for raw synthetic performance, the 280 is vastly superior to the new consoles.... though the consoles get very good coding and make up for their lack of raw performance with highly efficient gaming code.... some pc games are horribly coded.
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Playstation 4 Xbox One Graphics